I have a sansui stereo receiver 5050 and I don't see an aux input. Is the input where it says phone?

Check the back again. I think it says Phono not phone. Phono is for a turntable only, don't put anything else in there. What do you want to connect? Unless it's a turntable, use a tape input (play, not rec) as suggested.

Just a photo from teh webz, but this one appears to have an AUX input.
Screen%2BShot%2B2017-10-01%2Bat%2B21.42.44.png

You're probably looking for a 1/8" AUX jack on the front; it's not there.

You will likely need a cable that goes from 1/8" stereo plug to RCA stereo, and plug into the back.

do you need a tape player? You can just use a tape monitor

I think the problem is finding the actual physical inputs, not the selection from the function switch....

I'm setting up a sound system for a party and I can't find where the aux input is. Can i get some help?
Phono/RCA plugs on the back, there will be a pair called AUX L and AUX R. There is no 3.5mm jack input on these units, these were made well before iPods......You'll need to get a 3.5mm> 2 x RCA plug cable.....Plenty to choose from on ebay...

I think the problem is finding the actual physical inputs, not the selection from the function switch....

Phono/RCA plugs on the back, there will be a pair called AUX L and AUX R. There is no 3.5mm jack input on these units, these were made well before iPods......You'll need to get a 3.5mm> 2 x RCA plug cable.....Plenty to choose from on ebay...

ahhhh! :)

Just to make this as clear as possible (assuming it's not too late) to the OP either of these are what's needed, depending on the availability of an "extension cord"* or lack of same.

if an extension's available:
31W%2BaCIEDTL.jpg

if not:
558b9f3dNed208a88.jpg.dpg

I would think Best Buy (etc.) has stuff like this in stock even in 2018. If not, they're readily available online:

e.g.,
https://www.parts-express.com/parts...-to-2-x-rca-male-adapter-cable-10-ft--240-066
https://www.parts-express.com/dual-rca-male-to-35mm-stereo-female-y-adapter-audio-cable--240-070

240-061_HR_0.jpg

https://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-35mm-mono-extension-cable-12-ft--240-006

so the other day I connected my Galaxy S9 to the 'Phono' input on the back of my sansui 661 and guess what, it worked!
I just had to be careful with the volume level on my Galaxy...
Who would of thought my sansui was future proof at the time they made them.. hahaha...

Truly seers into the future!

Well, sound came out of it, so I guess that's 'working'. Not going to sound right due to the special equalization in the phono section. Although you probably already know that.

Truly seers into the future!

Well, sound came out of it, so I guess that's 'working'. Not going to sound right due to the special equalization in the phono section. Although you probably already know that.

Some folks like tone controls ;)
The RIAA "phono" EQ curve (red is playback):
1200px-RIAA-EQ-Curve_rec_play.svg.png

Back
Top Bottom