I have ordered a Pioneer PLX-1000 direct drive turntable.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its Stanton Among DJs its knowns as the Technics Killer
Yes, I recall an experienced DJ telling me a couple of years ago not to even consider trying to find a used SL-1200 as he felt the Stanton ST-150 was a far superior turntable.

All I can say is one year in with my PLX-1000 and I continue to enjoy it daily without problem. It still easily outperforms the Pro-Ject XpressionII it replaced. I just added an iFi iphono2 (replacing a Lehmann Black Cube) and an ATN150Sa stylus to my AT150MLX and my rig is sounding better than ever (anyone on the fence about the ATN150Sa stylus by the way, go for it. It maintains the superior tracking ability of the old stylus but adds a lot of texture and realism to all frequency bands. Definitely an upgrade).

Yes, I recall an experienced DJ telling me a couple of years ago not to even consider trying to find a used SL-1200 as he felt the Stanton ST-150 was a far superior turntable.

All I can say is one year in with my PLX-1000 and I continue to enjoy it daily without problem. It still easily outperforms the Pro-Ject XpressionII it replaced. I just added an iFi iphono2 (replacing a Lehmann Black Cube) and an ATN150Sa stylus to my AT150MLX and my rig is sounding better than ever (anyone on the fence about the ATN150Sa stylus by the way, go for it. It maintains the superior tracking ability of the old stylus but adds a lot of texture and realism to all frequency bands. Definitely an upgrade).

People of course have opinions on all sort of things.

Funny. If you go to the forum search and enter the words "Technics" and "problem" and check the box for searching only thread titles, you end up with 139 threads. So much for perfection!

And if I brought 99,99% of all opinions to McDonalds, I still would have to pay about 60SEK for a Big Mac.
Actually very few people I know eat or like Big Macs. Personally I love McDonalds salads. They're surprisingly well done.

Funny. If you go to the forum search and enter the words "Technics" and "problem" and check the box for searching only thread titles, you end up with 139 threads. So much for perfection!

Sorry Garven, this is just a petitio principii.

Er, not really. It is a fact. Try it yourself. :)

It´s a petitio principii because, nobody has said that among those over one million produced, there won´t be a few that goes bad. But You do see that, it´s a worthless argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom