I have seen (and heard) the "Audio Promised Land"

OH MAN ...am i sorry i missed this one . looks like you guys had a blast and the weather held out ( great). we had a death in the family so the wife and i were not able to attend at the last minute. i hope some of you guys were able to leave with the same hearing level you came with ... thanks for sharing the pics and i hope to come out and see dave and sharon real soon out by the pool !

Ken

Holy mother of Lansing! Looks like you guys and gals had a rocking good time.

Hey Duffinator, you and I are big fans of Green Day, get this:

Dave let me play a cut from my American Idiot CD and I played #5 "Are We The Waiting". As you know it begins with this very loud bass drum beat and then rolls into some very loud guitar work.

At the time Dave had the big speakers (the outer most speakers in the big set in the photo) and a bi-amp setup with the two Krells (each has 400 watts per).

It was incredible, huge sound, but very detailed and no distortion. The vocals sit on top of the music - very clear.

No ear protection at the time, it was big scary, but fun.

Cheers, Snade

Hey Duffinator, you and I are big fans of Green Day, get this:

Dave let me play a cut from my American Idiot CD and I played #5 "Are We The Waiting". As you know it begins with this very loud bass drum beat and then rolls into some very loud guitar work.

At the time Dave had the big speakers (the outer most speakers in the big set in the photo) and a bi-amp setup with the two Krells (each has 400 watts per).

It was incredible, huge sound, but very detailed and no distortion. The vocals sit on top of the music - very clear.

No ear protection at the time, it was big scary, but fun.

Cheers, Snade
Rock on. I bet it was like being at a concert. Those speakers are freakin huge, where does he store all that gear?

Good freakin' lord, that's a lot of speakers!

I'm actually glad the cops showed, I mean it wouldn't have been a successful event if nobody tried to stop you.

I wonder if you had pointed them all up to the sky (backs on the ground) if you could knock out any birds.

peter_boyle.jpg

Jeezaloo

Great old thread. I, unfortunately, was unable to attend Dave's gathering that day. I'm still upset I missed out.

cubdog

What's the speed of sound? I think the shock waves from that afternoon are just now reaching near to Hong Kong. They're calling it a "super-typhoon" named Usagi, but I know better. It's the vortex of sound pressures that started in 2007 at Powerman's house! :yes:
:D

So glad you reposted these. Good times! I consider this one of the all time awesome AK threads (and I wasn't even there). :bigok:

Do you have the pic of talking with the lady cop? That was hilarious, the expressions. :rflmao:

Edit: I think it appeared on pg. 2.

So glad you reposted these. Good times! I consider this one of the all time awesome AK threads (and I wasn't even there). :bigok:

Do you have the pic of talking with the lady cop? That was hilarious, the expressions. :rflmao:

Edit: I think it appeared on pg. 2.

Yes, here are the photos - cops arrive at Dave's party in 2007 after complaints from neighbors about loud sound. Dave (Powerman) turns it back up after they leave.

I also remember the cops being amazed by the speaker collection in the yard.

cops_at_powermans_house_2.jpg cops_at_powermans_house.jpg

Back
Top Bottom