I have the sickness

Theron

Hi, everytime I googled something about my vintage stuff I ended up here at least once or twice it seems. I realized that to see the pictures of stuff I was gonna have to register so here I am. Five years ago I had a work study job in college that required me to inventory a bunch of old teachers aid electronic stuff. I found a harmon kardon citation 12 Amplifier and Dynaco pat 4 preamp. When I enquired about it the department head informed me that it was his stereo from college and asked me if I wanted it. It looked pretty damn cool so I took it and checked on ebay and saw it was actually worth a little bit of cash. I would never sell it though, it's my bedroom rig now. Since then and mostly lately I have aquired a Magnavox astro sonic console, a stromberg carlson tube console, Sansui qrx-5500, Sansui sr-2050c Turntable, a pair of Sansui Sp-30's, a pair of Sansui Sp-1500's, a Yamaha rx-v3000 Home Theater Reciever, and a bunch of other components and speaks. Thank goodness for places like this it has been an great place to learn about my equipment and what other stuff to look for. And it's nice to know I'm not the only demented stereo nut out there. Word.

The only cure is more cowbell... I'd recommend Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper or Nazareth - Hair of the Dog, cranked through some vintage audio equipment of course!

Welcome to AK :)

Welcome to the jungle, Theron. Your post reminded me that I must restock the Sui shelf. Now, what do I need from the store. :scratch2:

Welcome to AK! :music:

(I prefer to think of it as a hobby... but sickness is probably a better description. :D )

Nice t'have ya here ! Welcome ! Don't worry, Sport-Should you ever tire of Vintage Equipment-an unlikely possibility-we have OTHER diversions..Old radio & TV, to name a couple...

The only cure is more cowbell... I'd recommend Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear the Reaper or Nazareth - Hair of the Dog, cranked through some vintage audio equipment of course!

Welcome to AK :)

Have you tried my cure yet :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom