I have turned on image resizing in posts

This means you can still link pictures in your posts, but when you view it, it will be resized to a maximum of 50% of the content area. If you click on the picture, it will open to full size.

Thanks. Having this feature activated makes sense, unifying the image size. But I think 50% is too small. Perhaps you could change the number to 75% or 80%?

Bless you

People that insisted on posting football field sized pics make threads virtually unreadable on an iPad since safari resizes the the page to fit the image to the width of the screen making the text so small it was unreadable.

How long does it take to resize the image to a reasonable size?

It's not about slow computers it's about being semi considerate of other forum members.

Bless you

People that insisted on posting football field sized pics make threads virtually unreadable on an iPad since safari resizes the the page to fit the image to the width of the screen making the text so small it was unreadable.

How long does it take to resize the image to a reasonable size?

It's not about slow computers it's about being semi considerate of other forum members.

That's funny because since we migrated to this format I haven't see one image that expanded the borders of the page, regardles if it was a new or old posting. Since being here all week I have use iPads, iPhones and Computers to view and post on the site on three browsers. It seems anything like a over size photo was already controlled on this format to be viewed at an optimum size by defalt.

Maybe your genealizing past experiance as this is your first post here at the new site

I wonder if there are options for text size that could resolve your problem. Text in all posts I have read is A-OK, and does not change if I resize the window that AK is opened in. Text appears to be ~3mm for "I".

Pictures look fine to me . . . ??????

I'd be happier if I didn't have to logon about every third page I go to.

That's funny because since we migrated to this format I haven't see one image that expanded the borders of the page, regardles if it was a new or old posting. Since being here all week I have use iPads, iPhones and Computers to view and post on the site on three browsers. It seems anything like a over size photo was already controlled on this format to be viewed at an optimum size by defalt.

Maybe your genealizing past experiance as this is your first post here at the new site

That could be true my comments are based on the old forum sw where I would just abandon a thread usually where someone posted a football field sized crappy phone pic, it would just become tiresome to try to zoom in to read the content.

On the other hand it is common courtesy to size images appropriately for web posting. I find 1200 pixels wide usually does the trick.

That could be true my comments are based on the old forum sw where I would just abandon a thread usually where someone posted a football field sized crappy phone pic, it would just become tiresome to try to zoom in to read the content.

On the other hand it is common courtesy to size images appropriately for web posting. I find 1200 pixels wide usually does the trick.

Yes the old site it was a pain if someone would post a 2000+ image and I fully agree that's not right. Couldn't wait to get off that page or alerted the member what they just did to it.

Still not sure what all the fuss is about. As mentioned, every resized pic can be expanded to full size just by clicking on it. I like the ability to preview.

Can't say for certain, but I don't believe the resized pic is even stored on AK servers. I imagine it's just resized on the fly for the page display, so no worries about pixelation and such. Click for full size, and it pulls that directly from the source. Don't quote me on this, as I'm not a member of the secret sanctum - although I MAY have stayed at the same Holiday Inn Express once ...

I just went to many of the image-dependency threads to see if there is impact change. I foresaw the scaling down as being accomplished by information loss--- but I could not detect any of that when I clicked for the full sized images. I see it as a net gain for the site for the text reading/window scrolling problems that have already been stated.

I wonder if there are options for text size that could resolve your problem. Text in all posts I have read is A-OK, and does not change if I resize the window that AK is opened in. Text appears to be ~3mm for "I".

Pictures look fine to me . . . ??????

I'd be happier if I didn't have to logon about every third page I go to.
I have not encountered this problem. All that I have done is click "keep me logged in" on the login drop down.

Office-1_zps9aac0a47.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Can anyone explain how to post pics? I have tried using the usual method, ie: clicking on the pic icon as usual and pasted the url in the pop up bar with no results. I just get , and no pic. Same goes for my sig pic. I have tried on an ipad, mac pro and a pc with no joy.
PS. I love the new format. Posting pics is the only problem I have encountered so far.

Office-1_zps9aac0a47.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Can anyone explain how to post pics? I have tried using the usual method, ie: clicking on the pic icon as usual and pasted the url in the pop up bar with no results. I just get , and no pic. Same goes for my sig pic. I have tried on an ipad, mac pro and a pc with no joy.
PS. I love the new format. Posting pics is the only problem I have encountered so far.

Came here to see if I could post pictures also:

1. Click "Upload a File"
2. Select file I want to post and click "Open"
3. A dialog box appears with options to choose "Thumbnail" or "Full Image" - click on Full Image

snapman.jpg

4. Success!

I have not encountered this problem. All that I have done is click "keep me logged in" on the login drop down.
I try to always select "keep me logged in". Sometimes I have to do that 6 or 8 times in a session. It usually does it when I open a new tab, but it has happened when I have switched to another forum, or gone to the PC page.

I try to always select "keep me logged in". Sometimes I have to do that 6 or 8 times in a session. It usually does it when I open a new tab, but it has happened when I have switched to another forum, or gone to the PC page.

ghazzer, I had the same problem for a while as well, lately it has been pretty good, but I did get logged of once today.

Ok help me figure this out, if someone post a pic with a large file size and it fills the page on my large PC monitor, on a small iphone it completely blocks the screen and irritates the user?
Come on how many people sit around using their iphone's to visit AK. And if their is a lot I am going to make it a habit of increasing my pic sizes. I have had it up to here with people walking around with their eyes glued to their phones, sitting at lights or driving using their phones, standing in line at stores either talking to other people or tapping on their phones. And am I the only one that believes that everyone talking on the phones in public talks at very loud levels. The last thing I want to know is what your having for dinner, how many times the dog crapped on the carpet, that your daughter just got some crappy STD's from her jobless boy friend. :whip:
All images have the same aspect ratio regardless if I'm on my 27" iMac, iPad or iPhone 5.
Since we have been on this new format I haven't seen one image break the border of the print window. At the same time not once all week viewing and posting from the above three devices have I had any speed or loading issues.

ghazzer, I had the same problem for a while as well, lately it has been pretty good, but I did get logged of once today.

Have you had any problems with 'post a reply' or 'send' a PC? I usually have to carefully click these buttons twice to get it to complete.

Let me liken this situation to music....

If our club just upgraded their streaming equipment and provided Hi rez streaming of 32bit flack files. Then two members out of two thousand said they can't hear any difference between mp3 and 32bit flack or the equipment they have doesnt alow them to hear any difference. Does the club downgrade the streaming to all 2000 members and make them all listen to mp3 files?

I have a friend on the site and he wasn't even able to post anything outside of his profile page since the change over. His only internet source is a antiquated phone, did he ask the site to fit his technology so he can save money? NO. He ran out and got a better phone as he knows he will still need to move forward as technology advances.

Back
Top Bottom