I Hope This Is The Rite Place For This Unjamming A Paper Shredder?

Stanton681EEES

Addicted Member
I was given a nice paper shredder that is jammed very badly. I have looked up method to see what others have done and tried the following
Tried the reverse and forward
took it apart enough to get a lot of the jammed shreds out
I even tried to put a little oil as one tech suggested,
and it's still jammed
Will I have to ,or is there a way to tear this down and remove the cutting blades?
This thing is really jammed, or is it a lost cause and I should pitch it?
Thanks

on many occasions I've used small picks and screwdrivers to remove the bits of paper between all the blades.... its tedious but works. Depending on the shredder, I've heard they're a bitch to take apart and put back together correctly.

I have used large safety pins and tweezers from the underside to unjam shredders. An occupational hazard I face pretty often. Good luck.

Picks and small needle nose pliers, if you put any type of plastic cover material in one it will take a while to get all of it out. Once you get it to work again put a few full sheets of paper through it to help clean out the mess!

Many of us have been there with our shredders. Take a chill pill. I've used a hemostat and long needle nose pliers when ours jammed up. It seems to happen when 'we' (i.e. my other half) don't pay attention and empty the container and the shreds don't have anywhere to fall so they start going around in circles. If it is really a mess, do post a pic so we can be suitably horrified.

I once knew a guy who got his tie caught in a big industrial sized one in the company's records center. Boy did that news travel fast through the offices. The guy was kind of an idiot anyway.

I've given up on paper shredders. I use my BBQ grill, a shot of lighter fluid and burn.

If it's a strip cut, you can probablt just take the cutting heads out anydremove any binds, then oil. If it's a cross cut the heads probably have some timing to them and if not timed properly, will perforate rather than make confetti.
It's a good idea to oil the heads occasionaly and limit the amount fed.

I see a Darwin award here.

Could be. Lord knows we could all use the laugh.

Actually, I got so pissed at mine that I took a butane mini-torch to it. Shredder worked fine afterwards. The mini-torch, however, was so embarrassed it would never light again....

Back
Top Bottom