I just created a new Marantz fan

BossRadio4VR

My youngest son just turned 15 today. I gifted him with an absolutely pristine 2220B that I recently picked up, and he's thrilled. :music:

It was so cool watching his eyes light up when we was able to see what his new 2220B can do with a set of old Celestion Ditton speakers I gave him awhile back. Up until now, he's just been getting by with an old Sanyo amp.

It feels good to have given him a gift I would have totally treasured at his age. :beerchug:

Celestion

KEEP THE TWO MARTINIS (sound) AWAY FROM YOUR KID.
I'm sitting beside some cs5s that are not hooked up in my basement (10" woofer 3 ways) It never occured to me to put these on the marantz. Anybody know about these speakers?

Nice work boss, my dad did the same for me when I was a little older by buying me my first Marantz. It is a gift I will always have and remember where it came from.

Somebody ring?

JK, thats how I got into Marantz, my older brother in law gifted me a 2245. Great to see you educating the youngins on vintage.:thmbsp:

When my son went off to college I gave him the 2245 and the JBL-350s. Funny how the party is always at his place now.

Very nice gift!

I hope you have some success influencing what he listens to on it!

A nice complement to a nice piece of gear like the 2220B are some heartfelt recommendations on music that will sound great on it. :yes:

KEEP THE TWO MARTINIS (sound) AWAY FROM YOUR KID.
That sounds like something the trunchbull from Matilda would say. :D

I was going back and forth whether or not to give him one of my 2245's or the 2220B, but decided that the 2220B would be perfect for him -- and it is. :thmbsp: This kid has a real eclectic and wide ranging taste of music. Everything from Linkin Park to Frank Sinatra. Go figure! :music:

Sorry, humour is NOT my forte.I meant 2 martinis (drinking) is bad for kids. Okay, I'll. Just. Sit. Here. And......

Hey my 80 year old dad promised me his 9090db only upon his death.
I know, not funny either.

You are a great dad. Wanna adopt me? I can be shorter.

I just snagged a real nice 2220b in the wood case for $100 (A PDX CL find. ....sorry all you other Portland CL people that wanted it....I got it.....)

Anyway, I hope he has something nice in mind for Fathers Day. I am sure he will turn some of his friends on to the Martini Sound as well.

Back
Top Bottom