I just got an unexpected surprise

BeerCan

Tá mé ar meisce.
My wife has always been good to me. She has always put up with my mess and hobbies and never really complained about them. Thats good and I have always appreciated what I have.

So today my wife knowing that my shoulders hurt asked me if I wanted a massage. Of couse I said yea, I am no dummy. Only condition she says is I have to listen to her music. Well her music is not too bad so no problem.

Half way through one song she stops massaging me. I say "whats wrong?" She goes "Now I get it!". I am like MMMM ok get what? She goes "what your after, I have listened to this song hundreds of times and it never sounded so good"
Of course I smiled but inside I was leaping :banana:

She proceded to listen to about 3 of her discs and made many comments from "I never heard that guitar before" to "I can finally understand the lyrics" Well it was pure joy for me, this means I will get a lot more support to upgrade :D

BTW this was the system in my music room where I keep my Bass and keyboard. Scott LK-48B, AR LST 2's and my modded toshiba 3950. Soon my Fisher 500B will be done, maybe I can get her to sit for an A/B session :scratch2:

From a wives standpoint, i can agree with what she was hearing. When we purchased the living voice speakers and after listening to some of Tims music on them, I was suprised on how clear things were, how much you could hear.

See even us wives can suprise ya once and a while :yes: , and Sometimes you might just get better gear out of it. :bigok:

Yeah, my wife is pretty good at dealing with my affliction - says she would rather have me here messing wih my audio stuff than away from home at the golf course or somewhere. I try to keep things pretty neat and presentable also.

Yesterday, on my way home from work I stopped at the thrift store and picked up a Pioneer SX-535 for $9.99. When she got home, I told her to come look at what I had, halfway expecting that she would roll her eyes and comment on "another amp".

To my surprise, she said "It's just like mine", referring to the receiver she had when we first met. It had been trashed about fifteen years ago when a couple of the shops in town said that it was not even worth the fee to check out why it had one channel out. She look at it real good and played with the knobs a little bit and seemed genuinely thrilled. :thmbsp:

I seem to remember that hers was a SX-636 but after fifteen years it would be hard to say since they look so much the same. I will clean it up and check it out - if it is in OK shape I will put it out in the listening rig for a while.

And while sometimes it seems that she is not really interested in this stuff, we have recently spent more evenings just sitting down with a drink and listening to tunes than we have in a long time. :banana:

Long live the music!!

Alan

Congrats BC!

My SO has a pretty good ear, ever since she heard her "Silence" by Delirium on an old pair of MG1s' she compares everything to them! And her 1st impression comments on new-to-us equipment can be very good.

Problem: she just doesn't care about it. I love her to death but sometimes...

Pete

An audiophile wife is a wonderful thing! Mine doesn't care about the equipment, but she has great ears and readily appreciates upgrades. She is also willing to tell me when something I've changed is not an upgrade - often while I'm still in the wishful thinking phase ...

OK, OK, enough about the music. I hear music everyday. Let's hear more details on the massage that started this thread....

My wife doesn't notice anything cool I do or come up with, except to complain about it. But then, she doesn't think it's a song unless it has words...
If faced with the realization that I just finished designing & building a really cool device that has over fifty chips in it, her comment would be "So when are you going to fix the dishwasher?".

Seven words that will forever strike a woman from my list of potential spouse/partner/significant other...

"Don't you already have one of those?"

Guys, grammatic evidence to the contrary, that ain't a question; it's an antenna tickler for the wise collector.

My wife is very tolerant of my hobby, but did put her foot down at having my big speakers in our old lounge ( i have to grudgingly admit she was right - Ferrograph S1's on stands in the lounge of a 1 bedroom terraced house would have.........er........dominated slightly :yikes: ).

However, i was really proud of her one particular day not long after we married. We had gone on a day out to an outlet shopping village and i dragged her into the Bose store and into their home theatre demo room for the full 20 minuite demonstration.

Well, we came out and i asked her what she thought - fully expecting comments like "how come you don't want small, neat stuff like that".

And her reply? - "That was awful - It sounded really harsh and that subwoofer thing was terrible - all it did was thump and it was really annoying. I hope you're not thinking of buying one of those? "

I was so proud!!! :D :thmbsp: :banana:

Back
Top Bottom