I just got my first...

RamblinE

(╯°□°)╯彡┻━┻
I just got my first issue of Stereophile!

And right off the bat I see it's the second issue where they cover the Beats Solo HD. As a headphone enthusiast I love the coverage of cans but I'm going to have to work on my first letter to the editor about that....

Happy reading! :music:

Cool. I haven't subscribed to any magazines in a very long time. I think the last audio tech magazine I subscribed to was 'Glass Audio' I think it was called, and it went away.

I also subscribed to a music magazine called 'No Depression', which was about (what was then called) 'alt.county', and I liked it very much, but I stopped subscribing. It finally stopped printing as well.

And right off the bat I see it's the second issue where they cover the Beats Solo HD. As a headphone enthusiast I love the coverage of cans but I'm going to have to work on my first letter to the editor about that....

Can't blame you, I had the same thought when I flipped through the issue recently, but I haven't even read the new article yet so I haven't commented at all until now.

FWIW I think TAS is even better, because IMO they just have much more substance to them, but it is of course more expensive. But if you're annoyed by typos and grammatical errors, avoid TAS. I keep reading for the content, but they've been in need of a competent editor for years, because they don't have one right now.

Yes, I'm with robgmn.

I'm thinking of getting a pair of skullcandies for my daughter for her birthday.

Ok I finally read it. Man he really loves those Skullcandies!

Now, I get that Steve Mejias was trying to make a point about the importance of "style" to the next generation of potential audiophiles, but I still raised an eyebrow when, after talking about how poor their sound was, he announced that he still wants a pair because they look cool.

Ok I finally read it. Man he really loves those Skullcandies!

Now, I get that Steve Mejias was trying to make a point about the importance of "style" to the next generation of potential audiophiles, but I still raised an eyebrow when, after talking about how poor their sound was, he announced that he still wants a pair because they look cool.

If they want to do pieces on mainstream headphones...

The Bose AE2 (currently around my neck on my lunch break at work) provide a rather balanced (though still colored) sound and aren't too overpriced. ($70 cheaper than the Beats Solo HD).

Other headphones in the Beats line don't sound so terribly attrocious.

Products from Sennheiser and AT, while not so fashionable have an incredible following with audiophiles and head-fi'ers, even if they do prefer loudspeakers more.

SM and Stereophile could go much further in catering to a headphone specific crowd/younger crowd, or opening up their steady readers minds towards headphones.

Now I'm looking forward to reading the review from SM of the little Music Hall speakers :) :music::tresbon:

I just got my first issue of Stereophile!

Happy reading! :music:

Those Skullcandy Aviator headphones look delicious to me. :yes: And I can't remember when the last time a HP showdown was on the Stereophile cover page.

The Aviators aren't even bad headphones. I feel like they suit the author's purpose and intent quite well.

However an unpaid intern/fact-checker could have gone on youtube and in less than an hour find a dozen videos of Beat's target demographic complaining about how terrible the Solo HD's are.

Bad choice.

Back
Top Bottom