I just had to do this

The Rebel

Well here it is, my first tuner. Original one owner, with box and all original papers and manual. Looks near new, I am digging on this tuner. It pulls in very good signal strength with a T wire for the antanae. Scoping amps now :) Strawman, take a look and tell me what you think.

I guess when I resized that photo it really got grainy. Sorry about the fuzzy pic.

Attachments

• DSCF0019.JPG
    DSCF0019.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Welcome to the wonderful world of FM. If you are near a fairly large population center, hunt around for a community/pbs/college radio station. That's where the good stuff is. Commercial FM is, well, commercial.

billinkansas said:
Left side of the dial is usually where the good stuff is.
If you are referring to where the pbs/college stations are, you're right on the money. We have a nice blues station at 90.1 and a Jazz/R&B station at 88.5. I am more into Blues than Jazz tho. :music:

Last edited:
The Rebel said:
If you are referring to where the pbs/college stations are, you're right on the money. We have a nice blues station at 90.1 and a Jazz/R&B station at 88.5. I am more into Blues than Jazz tho. :music:

That's exactly what I'm referring to. Good classical, jazz, folk, blues and real alternative stuff. In Eastern KS we have NPR stations at both UMKC and KU; plus the KU student station and an excellent community station out of KC. It takes a good rig to pick that up over here in Lawrence, but it's worth the trouble.

My tuner never goes above the 91.5 KU station.

Back
Top Bottom