I learned about VTA adj. importance!

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
Wow,,,I went with my 2 versions of ELP's pix at an Exhib, to compare in a better rig than mine. I was unhappy with the brand new Speakers Corner 200g vinyl,,,it sounded like a CD, not nearly as life-like and relaxed as the MFSL version..
Well, it turned out that the guy at the shop showed me what happens when you compansate for the thickness of the vinyl...the difference was very noticeable,,,the 200g LP became more delicate, more enjoyable to listen,,more like the MFSL...

In a Nutshell, my next TT may be a VPI scout,,,which I enjoyed at the store quite a bit,,,and FOLKS, dont forget about VTA adjustablity if u can afford it!!

During my week long demo of the deHavilland equipment I became acutely aware of VTA adjustments. the superior amplification has really demonstrated the radical difference VTA can make.

As I don't trust myself, I've never marked VTA adjustments related to vinyl thickness on my Well Tempered but I probably should.

I adjusted VTA for a 180g album and missed the mark when I reset it. The spaciouness was gone, the sound was flat, the low end missing. After readjustment, I played the the same album and it was absolutely night and day difference.

I've had a table spinning again for just under a year and am still amazed at how finicky they are and how good they can sound with some patience.

Back
Top Bottom