i looked for an EQ discussion!!!!!!!!

No.

Is the system in question the one pictured where the speakers appear to be three feet apart and on top of a table?

If not what do i have ? Either channel goes from 32 to 16,000 kHz . Please let me know what i am missing .
"Kilo" is a prefix meaning thousand. Sixteen thousand thousand is sixteen million. We don't hear in the megahertz (millions of cycles) range.

The correct statement is "either channel goes from 32 hz to 16 kHz". Got it? :)

Hey all, It is not that i am having a problem ! I get it many of you dont like an EQ. I can tell you that i enjoy mine. Without one one cannot dial in a tune to our own lisening enjoyment. Everyone hears differently then others , you can have ten people and they will all change it to there own EARS, Is that not true. Also i love my listening to my Pandora , I can tell you that depending what device i have hooked up sounds are all over the place. I must say that the clearest is my iphone they have it dialed in much better then others. But that is my opinion and ears. Thanks all some good points,and bad ones

I must be missing something

Attachments

• IMG_0231.JPG
    IMG_0231.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 52
I must be missing something
Note that the kilo prefix is only used with the upper five. If they didn't care about space, the display would look like this:

32--64--125--250-1000-2000-4000-8000-16000

Yes that is correct with 2 more spread to the back and side.
You'll get better results by putting them on floor based stands and greatly spacing them apart and away from the gear which is causing diffraction. That alone may eliminate the table induced resonance causing your problem. :)

There is no k after 500 on that slider. It's 500 Hz not 500 KHz.

Edit: Oops, cross posted with E-stat.

It really has nothing to do with whether people like EQs or not. Just making sure you have your units right because one of these days it will make a real difference.

Note that the kilo prefix is only used with the upper five. If they didn't care about space, the display would look like this:

32--64--125--250-1000-2000-4000-8000-16000

You'll get better results by putting them on floor based stands and greatly spacing them apart and away from the gear which is causing diffraction. That alone may eliminate the table induced resonance causing your problem. :)
Thanks for that. But is it not that say the 4k denotes 4k= 4,000 kHz

Hey, has anyone pointed out that it's 500 hz yet? ;-}

(We're like dogs with a frisbie ... we just won't ... let ... go ...)

Nope ... 4K = 4,000 HZ ...

I think im hearing to much of it that is why it is turned down.

What you "think" you hear, and what you're actually hearing, can be two completely different things. Hence, my earlier post about measuring the room so you know exactly what you're dealing with.

Worth mentioning, do any adjustments in small steps and let your brain get used to what you're hearing. Your brain, like your ears, can deceive you.

Yeppers that is what i take on it. But one post said 16k kHz does not exist but it is a true frequency.

Proof positive ... half the lies we tell you are not true!

(16k Khz IS a true frequency, but not when related to audio reproduction AKA music. I think that's even out of the range of most aliens. )

Last edited:
Hey, has anyone pointed out that it's 500 hz yet? ;-}

(We're like dogs with a frisbie ... we just won't ... let ... go ...)
Yeppers that is what i take on it. But one post said 16k kHz does not exist but it is a true frequency. Thanks for chiming in though great stuff

Most certainly not!

Ever listen to an AM radio? It's broadcast range is from 535 kHz to 1605 khz - far, far above what any human or bat can detect. 4000 khz is found in the amateur radio (HAM) bandwidth capable of transmission across the planet. Which is why we call them radio waves.

Does this make sense?

Last edited:
Most certainly not!

Ever listen to an AM radio? It's broadcast range is from 535 kHz to 1605 khz - far, far above what any human or bat can detect. 4000 khz is found in the amateur radio (HAM) bandwidth capable of transmission across the planet.

Does this make sense?
It is starting to, maybe this will help me out then what does the k denote after the 1 , 2, 4 ,8, or 16 1k 2k 4k 8k 16k i would think it denotes k= thousand so 8k would be 8,000
Im learning !

I guarantee this will be an emoji free post.

And ... in the spirit of being somewhat helpful, this breaks down the entire audible range when it pertains to music:

2024_FreqGraph.gif

* And if you're wondering about "harmonics", that's a whole nuther thread, but short version - even if you can't hear them, they work to reinforce what you CAN hear. Fortunately, the pic doesn't show "sub-harmonics" which may be even more important for us ol' rockers, but would maybe muddy the issue even more. Not to mention muddy what you hear if they're not properly adjusted - but that's yet another thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom