I love this guy wanting top value for a Marantz 1200 - photo on sidewalk next to cigarette butt...

thurber

I love this guy with the Marantz 1200 up on Craigslist for half a year asking top value, posing it on the sidewalk amidst nails & cigarette butts. Idk. Maybe I am tripping.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 3.21.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 3.21.20 AM.png
    412.3 KB · Views: 263
This guy too! What about $1000+ audio component screams 'throw me on the sidewalk next to where your dog craps!' to try to entice a buyer? I know when I am about to throw down $1000 of hard earned cash on a 50-year old piece of a equipment, the first thing I wanna know is how long it has spent at ground level near the garden hose.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 3.30.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 3.30.32 AM.png
    470 KB · Views: 135
@Steven Tate "Please check around before lowballing. Now here is a photo of it upside down resting on its power cord on the sidewalk, wedged between a street sign and the bumper of my car."

Does it make any difference that the cigarette butt is included in the sale?

Sometimes I feel like writing to some sellers telling them that they're insane for asking what they are.

Like that one seller on eBay selling his beat up Model 15 with "wood trim wings" for 2000!

First two are nice quality pics in decent lighting, quit picking out stupid stuff just because the price is higher than what you think its worth. Third pic is terrible.

Smokin !!

max-headroom-michael-morgan.jpg

I try to avoid "smokin'" when it comes to audio equipment ...

I shouldn't admit this, but I sometimes do send messages to sellers about what they base their asking prices on or other silly questions. There was a woman that was asking top dollar for an Onkyo TX-4500(?) maybe a TX-8500 Receiver that had the piece of glass screwed down to the face plate. I asked her if she was aware there was supposed to be a piece of glass there covering the tuning dial. Her response was that it was listed "as is". A guy had a Sansui AU-7700 (?) Amp that all the original knobs were changed to some off the shelf knobs, of course his response was "that's the way I got it". I usually don't have any interest in buying the stuff, but just enjoy the responses.

They probably took the gear outside because their phones couldn't get a decent shot or even focus inside in the dark. I don't have a problem with it at all.

Back
Top Bottom