I M Fried - Model H

DaveAz

Hello;

I just purchased this from the original owner and they actually met Bud Fried. They sound great, no scratched anywhere on this teakwood.

This is the first subwoofer stereo system.?

This sub woofer weighs a ton!

Any ideas to value? Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• Fried - Model H .jpg
    Fried - Model H .jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Fried - Model H manual.jpg
    Fried - Model H manual.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Fried - Model H sides.jpg
    Fried - Model H sides.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 85
Very cool! Have you hooked up the three way system? Is it a powered sub, or passive?

Its passive. Here's a pic of the crossover.

They sound OK, very clean. Thought their would be more 'wow' with them. Maybe they need more space,?

Attachments

• Crossover.jpg
    Crossover.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 35
That doesn't surprise me. A big factor in sound will be what amp is driving the sub.

Well the amp that drives the sub, wouldn't that drive the sats, too? Seems the crossover is an external crossover for the speaker system with wiring going to the left tweeter, left midrange, left woofer and the same for the right channel.

Exactly, so the OP will need the oomph to drive those bass drivers. I suspect if these are earlier ones, they are probably voiced for 2 channel audio systems and not as they are voiced today for movies. They will still need current, and especially if they are acoustic suspension.

those look kewl !

i have these, triad system 1 apparently one of the very first powered sub\sat systems
the sub needs foam if i ever get to it the sats are 3" with a tweeter, the separation is amazing
the other 2 parts are just matching stands for the sats, just to get the height and hide the wires
802236283_tp.jpg

Before Wilson Audio was Irving M. Fried, fair comparison.
BTW, first part of thread title would make a good stoner vanity plate.

Back
Top Bottom