I need a new listening buddy :( UPDATE at the end :)

I'm sorry for your loss also bill, ... And I can tell you after having lost more beloved fur babies than I can deal with, and lost my last one back January of 2015 I'll never get over the loss of her my beloved black Labrador of which I've had four of them in my lifetime.
I've lost my parents one of my brothers several friends and nothing has hurt me more than the loss of my last Labrador.
But let me tell you this if you need any words of encouragement....
I am a believer in Jesus Christ and HE Himself stated that in HIS kingdom the lion shall lay with the lamb.... And that was de facto not figuratively speaking!.. what that means is there will be animals in HIS kingdom and I believe Jesus loves us enough to give us our very pets in HIS kingdom when we go to reside there for eternity to worship Him.
I don't know if that will console you in anyway ,?...but it's the only hope any of us have of seeing our loved ones again and that includes our beloved pets that GOD himself engineered to be our companions in this world.

My condolences to you. I went through this last year with the passing of my beloved buddy of 12 years. After a couple months, I acquired another one--not a replacement, just a whole new adventure in life. On the mantle of my one fireplace, are three urns containing the remains of past buddies, each with a collar and all of their tags around the base.

So sorry to hear this news, and like so many here and everywhere, I can relate 100%. :(

I feel your pain. After having to put Max The Protector down in September, wifey and I decided we're not going to get another dog. We get way too attached, and besides, we want to travel a bit now that the nest it totally empty.

I remember the Max thread, I seriously considered the same back when I lost Grace. I swore Oz and Hope would be my last two as I am retiring at some point this year. But when faced with the reality of it I only waited 48 hours before reaching out to rescue. I just wouldn't be me without them.

And before I forget, this pic is for Damacman, I think I told you in a thread a few years ago there would be a Blue one in my garage at some point ;)

1970 442 W-30 Clone w/455 and TH400

Screenshot from 2018-01-29 13-42-45.png
Got her from the pound yesterday, slipped her collar and went exploring today. Takes a bit to form the ties that bind. Fortunately it was towards the end of the walk so I hopped in the car.
Luckily she was exploring not really running. Got her coming out of the backyard of the woman who's tried twice to get my other dog to attack her as we walked past.
She was happy to go for a car ride.
1d7bh7.jpg

Very sorry to read this news Bill. It's never easy losing a pet and sometimes it feels more difficult than losing a family member.

Hang in there...

Daren

Got her from the pound yesterday

Congrats on the new friend, it might take me a little longer as Hope isn't the easiest one to get along with but I am sure in the next 2 or 3 weeks there will be an update to this thread. And there will be a happy ending for a rescue pup :)

I remember the Max thread, I seriously considered the same back when I lost Grace. I swore Oz and Hope would be my last two as I am retiring at some point this year. But when faced with the reality of it I only waited 48 hours before reaching out to rescue. I just wouldn't be me without them.

And before I forget, this pic is for Damacman, I think I told you in a thread a few years ago there would be a Blue one in my garage at some point ;)

Bill when you want to alert a member put a @ by there name @damacman

Very nice indeed! My favorite a-bodies ...

First OZ looked amazing. Sorry about tour loss but I DO wish you the very best on getting a new audio dog.

And now a new journey begins. say Hello to Cooper. I named him Cooper due to the resemblance to Alice :)

The poor boy has been starved and abused but those days are behind him now. It's going to take awhile but he loves Hope and she loves him, unfortunately he is afraid of men. So I'm going to need to be extremely patient with him. But I know there is a good boy in there just dying to be loved. And he will be.

Just a quick update on Cooper, I didn't show any side shots when I first got him and he had been in an abusive situation so he was about 40 pounds underweight. Now that he is a little on the pudgy side I figured it was time for an update ;)

Alice and Cooper.jpg

And while Hope doesn't look like any rock legends she has turned into a good looking girl :)

29872430_10213869645767133_16099709660610855_o-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom