i need a tube line preamp

delfindavid

hi

i ve had until now a this system:

• phono preamp project tube box SE II with ECC83 par TUNGSRAM NOS
  • preamp NAD (CD and PC)
  • amp pro fostex 300
  • mission freedom753
i like this but i want cd and other digital source go through tubes so i need a tube preamp...i ll sell Project to get money and then i ll look for this line preamp.

the question is:

i love the sound with this tubes so i want a preamp that, perhaps not like but his sound will be similar or better.

its a very subjetive question and difficult but If someone has had a similar preamp and changed to another can tell me how it has gone.

And anything you tell me about this subject will do me good to search the internet.

thanks

Saludos!!

The only tube preamp with phono for that amount that I can think of would be one of the Chinese made models from Yaqin or Douk. For the money I hear the are pretty good

wooow....perhaps 600-700???
or perhaps its better buy separalety a tube phono preamp and a tube preamp without phono in....

Tube Preamp? I like SAS... Reason able prices, superb sound and excellent compatibility with tube as well as solid state amplifiers.

The 10A and the 11A are very good units. The 10A is the less expensive, but still an excellent first tube preamp.

Good listening.

I'd keep the tube phono stage and go with a tube preamp such as the $250 Nobsound NS-O1P.

It has a single input but a cheap switch box allows multiple source connections.

:bye::bye::bye:nobody can help me? a tuve preamp with phono in??
hi

i ve had until now a this system:

• phono preamp project tube box SE II with ECC83 par TUNGSRAM NOS
  • preamp NAD (CD and PC)
  • amp pro fostex 300
  • mission freedom753
i like this but i want cd and other digital source go through tubes so i need a tube preamp...i ll sell Project to get money and then i ll look for this line preamp.

the question is:

i love the sound with this tubes so i want a preamp that, perhaps not like but his sound will be similar or better.

its a very subjetive question and difficult but If someone has had a similar preamp and changed to another can tell me how it has gone.

And anything you tell me about this subject will do me good to search the internet.

thanks

Saludos!!
My answer to the question in your heading is, no you don't. Almost all signal sources other than a magnetic phono cartridge provide a line-level signal that will drive most amplifiers perfectly well. All you need is a volume control between the source and the amp input. I really don't understand how somebody can charge more than $1000 for a box that does this. If the box has active circuitry, it can only make the sound worse, not better; this is just simple logic since all active circuits add distortion and noise. If you need switching between inputs, you just need a box of switches and jacks or (better) you can change the plugs and jacks when you change sources.

Since the OP likes the tube sound here's the affordable Yaqin MS-12B which is a preamp which also features a phono stage. It has a couple of inputs for other sources as well. Amazon sells it so there's no risk involved with their liberal return policy.

171292-yaqin_ms12b_tube_preamp_with_phono.jpg

The only tube preamp with phono for that amount that I can think of would be one of the Chinese made models from Yaqin or Douk. For the money I hear the are pretty good

Yaqin makes really nice stuff! I recently bought a Yaqin MS-23B phono preamp that I really like! Amazingly good for the money!! I bought mine through Amazon, free shipping!

Back
Top Bottom