I need a TV antenna

EricC

Since I no longer have cable TV I need something that will bring the stations in clearer. The tv is HD compatable but does not have a built in HD tuner. I am not a big TV person so I have no idea where to start.

Ota Hd

Check out CL for a used Directv or Dish HD receiver for cheap. They have built in HD tuners that'll take your antenna input and can hand off to the tv via component or HDMI depending on model.

If not, build yourself a HTPC with a HD tuner card and a video card that is compatible with you HDTV input. Doubles as a "tivo" with Windows Media Center.

I'm running a HD Directv tuner and an HD capable HTPC both getting the OTA signal from my rooftop antenna.

OOOPS! this is what I get for trying to answer during the football game! Check out Solid Signal

http://www.solidsignal.com/antennas/?xfermeth=directg&gclid=CL_DqfiG84kCFQlQWAod_lndKA

very informative site, lot's of great products to get you going!

Too bad you couldn't have started this a few months ago when RatShack cleared out all their television antennas and antenna hardware at huge discounts.:( Even then, you had to move fast: I managed to scare up a VHF-UHF-FM combo for cheap, but not a rotator or mounting hardware. Those things just seemed to vanish.
Tom

Wallyworld sells an indoor antenna for just under 30 bucks you might want to try. If it doesn't work you can always return it. I just bought one hoping it would work for picking up local HD broadcasts on my new HDTV and did fairly well for some channels but reception in my area (surrounded by mountains) is horrible at best and not every local channel was picked up. I now have it hooked up to my Pioneer SX-1250 and now I get full signal strength on my FM dial. I may just keep it and upgrade my current cable service with an HD receiver. The antenna I got at Wallyworld is an RCA indoor amplified model ANT1251. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom