I need an Art expert, Signature Stamp (possibly Chinese)

Eric H

Addicted Member
I've been kicking myself for missing out on these two vintage looking Prints that were up for auction a couple months ago. I was hoping they might be something easily available if I knew who did them.

If they were American I would guess they were 1950's.

catpic2.jpg catpic1.jpg

I think this is a signature, it looks like the Chinese Artist Stamps I find online but figuring out who seems impossible.

catsig.jpg

my guess is it's stylized version of a Chinese signature stamp. the characters are not distinct
enough to be read which should be the case as an "official" signature. Second, the normal
protocol is for the stamp to be applied in the lower right corner. Next, most of the time,
the applied stamp uses red ink - this ink lasts a lifetime. Finally, most paintings are given
a name which added next to the stamp.

my guess is it's either American or maybe Japanese but pop style. Chinese paintings of
animals are realistic like a photograph with the most famous being horses in action.

however if you can "read" it, you can find its owner and his/her works. I recall
that Google has an image search - try it.

Last edited:
Kiyoshi Saito. Worth about $300 each.

Are you serious?! Now I'm really depressed
about not getting them, not that I wanted to flip them, I just thought they were really cool. I probably would not have got them anyway for what I planned on bidding.

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom