I need some power cords for both Sony & Teac

Dave Perkins

I have both a Teac 3300-10 and a Sony TC 630D reel to reel that could benefit from new power cords.

They both have non-polarized, two prong male sockets mounted on the unit and the cords I got with them back in the day were interchangeable.

I've looked around and even ordered a Hosa PWC 178 power cord that LOOKED like it would work, but when I received one today (from Pitbull Audio) I discovered that the female socket sizes and spacing in this cord's end don't QUITE fit. (Much ex-sailor language ensued.....)

I've also purchased a two conductor extension cord end to see if it would work as an end on a homemade cord. But in order for it to fit in the area around the male pins in the tape deck, I'd have to severely cut back the housing around the female sockets. I COULD make that work but it would be an ugly and possibly dangerous kluge.

So, I'd still like to find a proper power cord. .

Can anyone steer me to a good source?

You may want to consider replacing the AC connectors on the decks with IEC panel mount plug adapters so you can use standard IEC power cords. These adapters and cables are available from a number of sources. Here is an example available from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Panel-Adapte...t=&hvlocphy=1020610&hvtargid=pla-568826972322

That possibility occurred to me; I already have on hand some of the IEC style chassis sockets. If nothing else, I'll have to see what it will take to open the mounting holes in the chassis of each deck to accommodate them.

Back
Top Bottom