I need to borrow your opinions for a moment...

quaddriver

120 What?'s per channel
Subscriber
I have a Nikko 3035 that I accidentally blew up 10 years ago via stupidity. I have always vowed that I will fix it some day as penance. Well in 2017 its easier to find trans subs than it was in 2007 so here is my question for the top shelf techs on this board :shoveling over. :)

The nikko is a 15w rms machine into 8 ohms using 2SB596/2SD528 TO220s.

It appears that these are used as drivers for larger pioneers with KSA940/KSC2073 subs, which I am not convinced would be best as their power handling is less and the thermal derating occurs a little sooner.

BD241B would be a good sub (discontinued) but what about other BDproduct, 589 I think?

also, the originals are ECB and reversals present opportunity for creative solutions due to heat sink mounting (call that passive aggressive sarcasm)

Why are you posting in the Pioneer only forum? use our universal part a MJE15029_30 or 31_32 sereies

2 years later...I finally got to it so Im tying up loose ends...my last order didnt include still made today KSD526/KSB596 units but MJE15032/33 pairs.

Its dialed in, tested works great. gotta clean up a few caps in the tuner, change the lights to LED and this long nightmare is over.

Great feeling when you beat'em........
I hate having broken equipment hanging around. Seems like a waste.

I don't need any help but would not turn any down, mainly wanted to take advantage of this misplaced thread.
A Soundcraftsmen MA5001A is on the bench and wow, what a turd. These have a cult following and I can see the allure when it comes to the design and potential. Unfortunately I haven't been able to hear it's capability's. It's still on the bench getting worked over. The amp was not checked it out before I tore into it. There were so many issues that I saw before plugging it in, I just started fixing. One thing lead to another - finding out, I'm the second guy messing with this amp. The first guy's work was questionable. It looked like a repair/flip in alot of ways. Double checking and reworking the rats nest. There were some original outputs mixed with some Toshiba's and a mismatched set of Darlngton's. The unregulated supply has a new set of filters but the 22000uf's are only rated at 40 volts when the rail voltage is 93v's. Not sure where to go at the moment. The search for proper caps is next and I need a break before starting that time consuming process.

DSC05672.JPG DSC05671.JPG DSC05670.JPG DSC05669.JPG

Back
Top Bottom