I need to know the best brands of CD-R's

:grnbounce HeY All:beer:

The main reason some DVD players (and some CD players) can't play CD-R's or CD-RW's has to do more with the way information is impressed onto the disc than anything else. For a good explanation of how different types of CD's are done, go to this site:
How Stuff Works.com

This is a great site for people who don't want/don't understand all the technical jargon to go to find out how all your electronic (and just about antyhing else) gear works.

Once you find out the difference between how a commercial CD is produced and how your burner records CD-R's and CD-RW's (and the physical differences between them), it's much easier to understand why players often have difficulty reading reading them.

This site has tons of info so don't be surprised to find yourself exploring it for hours, and returning there often.

:D Happy Listening:cool:

George

George R wrote:

...but IMHO there is no discernable difference in sound quality between discs of reputable manufacturers.

This is because much of the time, the name brand on the cd-r actually has nothing to do with who manufactured it. I have TDK, Memorex and Fuji discs all manufactured by the same company, Ritek. In fact, the TDKs and the Fujis are exactly the same disc with exactly the same specs, while the Memorex specs differ slightly.

You can find this info out with a free program called CDR Identifier. I don't have the link, but a quick search on Google will probably turn it up.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom