I sniped a G-6700 on epay

Congratulations!

I remember entering that sale into the Sansui database this morning and thinking that 'someone got a good deal'!! Any Sansui G-xxxx receiver is an awesome machine.

Now, when you get that unit be sure to send me the serial number!

Paul

Nice score! I want a G series. Anyone know how they compare to an eight deluxe? Mine should be here any day and I'm also giddy with anticipation.

Paul, you want the details of the machine when it gets here?

dB_

Absolutely! Shoot me the serial numbers - and check my database listings to see if I have the power output listed correctly.

An Eight Deluxe is a terrific receiver - it's right next to the G-xxxx series in my opinion.

I love my G-8000 and watching the prices climb lately, a great investment as well! :lmao:

Paul

Will do Morden that is if I ever get it. Check his feedback. The Seller hasnt responded to my email at all and he has nothing in shipping. He needs to tell me how much the total is so far no good.

Well, his feedback is OK. I'm usually only worried with a pattern of negative feedback.

You have several days to contact each other - just hang in there. For a G-xxxx Sansui you can afford the wait and the worry :D - you've got a dynamite unit!

Paul

Originally posted by Morden2004
Well, his feedback is OK. I'm usually only worried with a pattern of negative feedback.

You have several days to contact each other - just hang in there. For a G-xxxx Sansui you can afford the wait and the worry :D - you've got a dynamite unit!

Paul
Yup I have been a regular on ebay for 5 1/2 years. But the guy had a negative for selling something and not answering the buyer. Of course he made a statement to cover his buns. But I'm always leery of a seller who sells something at the end of the month and is slow to respond. After all doesn't he want his money during the slow part of the month?
Conversely I had a buyer snipe a 25.00 dollar item at the last minute and still hasnt responded. But he has good feedback. End of the month. He will probably email me Friday and send me a Money Order
:dunno:

Well I I requested an invoice through ebay

He responded and I paid. Now all I gotta do is sweat it out til it gets here LOL:D

You get the sn even if its trashed lmbo

:dunno:
:smsex:

:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

Talk about slow

I paid the seller February 24. Never heard a peep from the guy. I emailed him last night asking for any shipping info. Turns out he finally shipped it yestersday! It will be here on freaking March 11. Still sweating it. :yikes:

Wow she came in today. Its better than described. It still has the Sansui original sticker on the front!! Only tried it with the fm stereo with headphones. No crackle. I will set it up as main receiver. If there are problems, I will repost.
Morden SN is: 829090666

:D

You are :) just looking at it, right?

Yes, these Sansui G-xxxx receivers are almost as great as eye-candy as they are as fantastic receivers!!

Congratulations!!

I have stored your s/n in the vault!

Paul

Re: :D

Originally posted by Morden2004
You are :) just looking at it, right?

Yes, these Sansui G-xxxx receivers are almost as great as eye-candy as they are as fantastic receivers!!

Congratulations!!

I have stored your s/n in the vault!

Paul
Yep she is looking good been listening for about an hour now. Nice and smooth no problems. she pretty

OOPS

It plays good but when I crank up the volume it isn't very loud. If I go to 10 on the volume dial it only shows it putting out 1.8 watts on the display. With the same speakers on my puny Sansui Classique 550A at 3 on the volume you get blasted out of the house. The green light for safely operate is on. Is this the semi dreaded protect mode that I have read on other Sansui threads?

I cant solder my way out of a paper bag. Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks, Tom

The Green 'safely operate' light is supposed to be On. Since its illuminating, it means that the amp is safe to use, all conditions normal.

As for the volume, the scale on the G is from 0 to 100. 10 is not what I'd consider to be 'cranked up' as you refer to it. The gain can vary on various amplifiers, some are designed such that the initial volume level changes are steep and then level off in their rate of increase, whereas others are more smooth and gradual and keep getting louder and louder. So, you cant really judge how "powerful" an amp is strictly by its volume level position. I do hope you did not overlook anything as simple as having the Mute switch ('Audio Muting' on the G's) pushed in which would certainly keep the volume low :)

B/F

ps- how is the tuner, does the needle pointer align exactly on the front display to match the numebr on the digital station readout? Usually they are a little off, which looks to be the case in your photo.

Originally posted by BeatleFred
The Green 'safely operate' light is supposed to be On. Since its illuminating, it means that the amp is safe to use, all conditions normal.

As for the volume, the scale on the G is from 0 to 100. 10 is not what I'd consider to be 'cranked up' as you refer to it. The gain can vary on various amplifiers, some are designed such that the initial volume level changes are steep and then level off in their rate of increase, whereas others are more smooth and gradual and keep getting louder and louder. So, you cant really judge how "powerful" an amp is strictly by its volume level position. I do hope you did not overlook anything as simple as having the Mute switch ('Audio Muting' on the G's) pushed in which would certainly keep the volume low :)

B/F

ps- how is the tuner, does the needle pointer align exactly on the front display to match the numebr on the digital station readout? Usually they are a little off, which looks to be the case in your photo.
Hi B/F
I opened up the case and vacuumed it. There was a ton of dust in there. Now this sucker works great and she cranks. The tuner is right on the moola and pulls in tons of stations both am and fm
I love this receiver!
Thanks, Tom

Ahhh, the dreaded 'dust filtering'! :D

I opened up the case and vacuumed it. There was a ton of dust in there. Now this sucker works great and she cranks. The tuner is right on the moola and pulls in tons of stations both am and fm

Sounds ;) like you are in for some very happy listening.

Paul

Originally posted by BeatleFred

B/F

Yup the string is a tad bit off. But it pulls in stations like a champ with an fm dipole antenna and it keeps em in tune. So I won't mess with that. It plays tapes, cds and LPS very well. I think its a keeper.:uzi:

Back
Top Bottom