I still want a pair of these,

mikebake

so if you see them at the thrift store, call me. (just kidding; okay, really, you CAN call me if you don't want them for 59.99)

Not sure if they sound any good, but I like that idea that they made a stab at going this direction.

vintage Technics SB 9500

Last edited:
Actually, something about THIS pair looks even more appealing. I kinda like the lowboy look.
Anyone actually owned/heard them?

vintage Technics SB 1000

Last edited:
Another vintage design that looks interesting, too.

Exclusive 3401 W

Last edited:
I have a smaller pair of the SB series, the SB-4500A, and they're very decent 2-ways.
I believe the SB-series was a TOTL series, Technics best efforts at nabbing some speaker share back when.

I remember them in the late 70's at the local audio store, but in the SB line they never carried the ones with the horn mid/hi. I thought at the time that the SB's were a bit weird, came off as kinda goofy/cheesy, and pricey to boot. I probably misjudged them. They were trying to make a big deal about the time alignment of the drivers.

I assume they are rather uncommon.

What is the driver complement in your SB's?

Mike

One of AK's members has a set of those. He didn't have them hooked up when I stopped by but when he does I will post my thoughts on em. Pictures do no justice to em.

Grumpy

I'm still confused (not unusual for me)..................so he has some of the Technics? Which ones? We must pursue!!!

I believe he has the SB1000.

I see he hasn't had any posts since back then, but I PM'd him to see about getting more info..........thanks.
MBB

Mike

Mark is kind of hard to get a hold of but I am sure he will get back to you.

He mentioned in the past about having some members over in the future. I certainly hope he still plans on that.

If would be a real treat for us to hear even a small fraction of his collection.

Grumpy

YIIIIKKKEESS; I just found a shot of the SB 9500 with the grill off. Now I think I want them, too!!! What size woofers do you guys think we're seeing here??

Mike Baker (and all),

Well, I'm almost done with my upstairs system...just an amp and a half away. But what am I going to do after this?

...guess what the wife just said?

Go ahead and build you big system in the basement

:banana:

Did you notice one of John's 20Hz sub horns missing from his for sale page :D

anyways...I just had to tell ya (yes, I'm a little excited :nutz: )

I know I'll have more questions for ya once I get closer to starting.

hope all is well in Lima Land ;)

dan

Last edited:
Allright GF!

You finally got the go ahead to build the "monster" system!

Now you can see about the 80hz Edgarhorns for your TAD 15"

Cheers, Ron

Back
Top Bottom