I swear I am Wards twin brother!

Kamakiri

The New Dynamic
Okay, so Wards and I have a lot in common....Steely Dan, we both use computers all day long for our jobs, this site, love of Altecs and, um, other things we talked about in chat......but today things got even more bizarre.

I contaacted a local eBay seller about a pair of Altec Valencias today. Got him on the phone, and during a casual conversation, I asked if he happen to have any A5 Altec cabinets. He didn't, but he had a set of A7s identical to the ones Wards got, no drivers, half refinished and one totally reveneered! So, for the price of $100, I took both home in my neighbor's minivan.

So, now, we've got concurrent A7 Voice of the Theatre projects as well :eek:! He's a *little* ahead of me, but I'll catch up :D

We're even using the exact same wire on our projects too :)

Sounds like an episode of the Twilight Zone to me.Trust me having a twin is not all its cracked up to be.

Mike

Don't forget one of the most important ones - Diet Coke rules !

Twin sons of different mothers - wow sounds like a good title for a alblum :rolleyes: oh yea, already been done. :D

Really good album, too!
I may need to put out an ad. This town has GOT to have plenty of good gear available.
Old college town. Lots of people with money, or perhaps I should say lots of developers and home builders and bankers with lots of money ...
But, that should bode well, eh?

Tim...I am jealous!

Nice find. I'm actually eyeballin' his Valencias up...I would love to get a pair (maybe for rears to go with my front horns when I get them done)...but i really don't have any money to be puttin' into more speakers right now...so I'll probably wait until I get my current speakers done...and figure out what I'm going to drive the bottoms with.

Congrats on the cabinets...great find!

Hmmmm all this interest in Altec horns, mebbe I should unload my Model 15's?

Back
Top Bottom