I want a microscope but this looks fishy

My experience with cheap goods from china has not been good.. I think you will receive a microscope that resembles the photos, but it will function very poorly if at all...

Approximately US $15.33 shipped? The pic looks good. Probably Chinese junk but not really that big a risk.

I decided to take the risk and order it- figured I don’t care if I lose less than $20.
Couldn’t finalize the order no matter what exchange option I chose. Maybe someone in Canada could, but I’m in the us. If someone in Canada is willing to order it and ship to me I’m happy to cover their cost. Never has eBay tell me I couldn’t buy something before.

I think if the product is sent as pictured it's a great deal. I see the same or similar items selling from other vendors on eBay or elsewhere for around $200 +/-. It just sounds a bit bait and switchy.

It will let me add it to my cart but I can't checkout. I keep getting this, no matter what payment option I select:

Sorry, this payment option isn't available. Here are your options:

• Select a different payment option.
  • Contact PayPal customer service to resolve this issue.

I think there might just be some hacking going on. This item includes a USB camera for about $10 more and apparently ships from the US.

However I could check out with this and decided to risk it. As you say, eBay should cover me if it is not legit.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/AmScope-40X-2500X-LED-Digital-Binocular-Compound-Microscope-3D-Stage-USB-Camera/223147391426?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=20180124153937&meid=841dbde41f4a44dcb27af83e38931231&pid=100623&rk=2&rkt=6&sd=232922560569&itm=223147391426&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1
This one allowed me to checkout as well.
We’re either gonna get one hell of a deal or someone is going to steal our identities.

That is total junk! My father has sold surgical microscopes for 30+ yrs. Look for Nikon, Olympus or Ziess. Cheaper still is Bausch & Lomb or American Optical. If your near a University find out if they have a surplus store open to the public.

I'd buy a quality vintage microscope over a chinese one, have saved lots of really high end older models from the metal recyclers when labs upgrade and dispose of everything, for example an old Watson can be had for almost nothing in the UK.

I seen that also. I've needed to upgrade my microscope for some time. I only need it for fecal but it's a heck of a lot cheaper than the vet's office doing it. It's not unreasonable to assume that if a deal is too good to be true it's not. Just got in a heat sink that was listed NEW from HK the other day, I was a used and bent up heat sink with a new foxconn fan. I was listed as NEW. There giving there country a bad name, there are some brilliant people there that are honest.

As I thought, too good to be true. The seller account was compromised. I did a claim and eBay already reversed the payment.

Check out surplus auctions if you want a microscope. I have a compound and a dissecting scope at my place, both University surplus. I don't use them often, but they are fun to have.

Back
Top Bottom