I want one BUT...

If the Seller might be a stickler for accuracy, the serial # on the back indicates that what he's selling was actually made in 1971, September.

B/F

Thanks for the reply. I've been checking eBay Taiwan for the last several weeks. The 8500 NT$ pricetag translates into about $250 US.

I've bid on four AU-222's since looking for one on eBay. Usually it's just me and one or two other people bidding on them. The bidding stops around 50 to 60 dollars. One person has been the successful bidder on three of them. With regard to the newest AU-222 listed, I can't understand how this seller can justify asking $199 for it.

By the way, the seller mentions there is an AU-222 service manual on eBay. I have placed a bid on that, thinking that it may come in handy if I ever get the actual unit. :)

Last edited:
Update...

The seller lowered the price from $199 to $175. Now if he would lower it another $125 it would be far more tempting.

It just gets better and better...

It may not interest many forum members, but I find the progression fascinating.

The seller lowered the price $24.00 but it still didn't sell. Now he has bid on the manual for this unit. Should I doubt that if he wins the auction for the manual, he will try to sell the amp again at a higher price?

Back
Top Bottom