Iconic Stereo Review/Audio magazine images

Discussion in 'The Magazine Forum' started by FOH Engineer, Jan 24, 2017.

1. FOH Engineer

FOH Engineer Addicted Member

image.jpeg Anybody have any thoughts of or pics of the magazines iconic department or column images. Or even corny recurrent advertising. This one probably ran 30 years.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. audionut373

audionut373 Member

Very cool and artistic.

3. FOH Engineer

4. FOH Engineer

image.jpeg
    This issue has a review of Magical Mystery Tour, and to say they despised it would be sugar coating it.

5. Vintage999

Vintage999 Active Member

I miss those magazines so much. I enjoyed reading reviews that did nothing other than relare facts and figures that were minimally helpful with regards to actual listening; but they were still good reads. I once knew a speaker designer who told me Julian Hirsch oftetimes relied on the manufacturer of the product being reviewed for test specs and text to be used in his reviews...who cares, it was great audio make believe.

I also miss the beautiful audio photo layouts, the Rodreguez (sp?) cartoons and the little cards with the numbers on them to receive audio liturature from manufacturers. Ahhhhh, those were the days.

Good listening.

FOH Engineer likes this.
  6. Wildcat

Wildcat Audio Sommelier

The Charles Rodriguez cartoons are classics. I received a book of his Stereo Review cartoons as a gift back in the 90s. It was a great trip down memory lane. He captured the audiophile spirit (or sickness :D ) better than most...

upload_2017-5-2_16-45-33.png

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan AK Member Subscriber

Having long ago owned a set of round badge 1960s Gretsch drums when I see this I think the drummer is desperately trying to hold his kit together and thinking "tomorrow I'm buying some Rogers hardware"; which is what I did: Rogers stands, spurs and tom holder on Gretsch tubs.

totem and FOH Engineer like this.
  8. Archguy

Archguy Official Roiurama Factory Rep Subscriber

Please don't try this at home!

[​IMG]