ID - Dynaudio's?

Looks like a Dynaco A-35 to me, the bigger brother of the venerable Dynaco A-25. A very good speaker. How much does he want for it?

After seeing both images I am quite certain you are looking at a Dynaco A-35. They used SEAS drivers, not Dynaudio. The grille cloth is definitely the mark of a Dynaco speaker. Also the positioning of the drivers. Not a bad buy if you are looking for a real quality speaker at a reasonable price.

listed on craigslist.org in seattle. i'm pretty sure he was asking something like $200 or $400 (fuzzy memory) a couple of months ago, now he's "taking offers".

That's definitely an A35, taller than the A25 but without the outboard aperiodic vent slot. It's a double-chamber box with the aperiodic vent INSIDE, so it has better bass output than the A25. Great speaker.

As far as value- I'd say it might be worth up to $200 for the pair, but probably not $400. There's too many of these type speakers around (A25s, A35s and A40s) for sale, for someone to really realistically ask that kind of money. I'd personally be inclined to suggest offering $150 for the pair, if they're in as good of shape as they seem to be...

Regards,
Gordon.

In total agreement with others who have posted here. A price of $150 seems very fair. No way anyone should pay $400. I used to own the A-25s, and wish I still had them now. But I cannot cry over that, I have more than enough. Anyone looking to build a new system should investigate the A-35s.

Back
Top Bottom