ID Marantz Components in Console

4-2-7

Smart Ass
Sponsor
And maybe some prices, if it's tubes and what you can ID by these photos. I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me, and have limited info.

00s0s_kipJxxLFLdE_1200x900.jpg 00q0q_c5yFLzPLgHw_1200x900.jpg 01212_2ZYEyk3ZGDV_1200x900.jpg

Attachments

• 00s0s_kipJxxLFLdE_1200x900.jpg
    00s0s_kipJxxLFLdE_1200x900.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 00q0q_c5yFLzPLgHw_1200x900.jpg
    00q0q_c5yFLzPLgHw_1200x900.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 11
Looks like a Pilot model 602 receiver, definitely tubes. A Garrard RC88 tt. I can't make out what's on the left but certainly interesting looking gear, likely tubes possibly mono? Speaker almost looks like a Utah Celesta driver. That's all I got. Pilot is stereo el84s.

Not seeing any Marantz components...
I didn't really either, the power amp is mostly hidden though, what's the M on the speaker?

I also didn't know if the tuner was a old tube marantz.

I'v been wanting a true mono system either buy trying to build something by myself or a quality console that's custom and can be worked with.

The tuner appears to be this - which is also an amp.

The left side of the console appears to be a reel to reel on the bottom and...who knows what up top...

Pilot1.jpg

Last edited:
Going to go out on a limb here. Could that entire left cabinet be a reel to reel with all the preamp and input stuff in the top section of the cabinet?

Going to go out on a limb here. Could that entire left cabinet be a reel to reel with all the preamp and input stuff in the top section of the cabinet?
No limb at all, there is a lot going on over there just to be a power amp, something is on the bottom shelf, could be a very old r2r or another turntable. That shelf looks like it slides out.

I have a feeling this is some kind of Pilotone/ Pilot Radio Corp, console and might be factory built. Looking at the amp side with all the controls though the wood, silk screen printing has to be factory. They had power amp /mixers with phono RIAA staging, as well as PA amps. This cabinet has an access slot for other inputs at the front. The cabinet is built in three pieces, we have a stereo receiver and turntable on the right, with a mono full range corner speaker, this doesn't make much sense. Then the other side, some kind of other integrated amp and something on the bottom..

It really only looks like basic transport controls on the reel machine itself. Appears to be i/o stuff for the reel to reel under the other various machine controls on top.

Back
Top Bottom