ID requests on two high-end Tonearms

EastPoint

Recycler
Subscriber
Hi folks. I think the first one is an Ortofon RMG 309 but I'm not sure. The second one has no ID on it except a little bit of stuff on the underside. Any thoughts?

Here are pics of the Ortofon:
IMG_2409.JPG IMG_2410.JPG IMG_2413.JPG IMG_2414.JPG IMG_2416.JPG IMG_2417.JPG IMG_2418.JPG IMG_2419.JPG IMG_2420.JPG IMG_2485.JPG

Looks a bit like a Gray tonearm. Not sure, and I don't know anything about them. Good luck with your search!

Not sure about the nomenclature of Gray 108 series but here are two I'm familiar with:Gray1.jpg
108B?
Gray2.jpg
108C? Yours is missing the silver/black logo

gray.jpg

I read somewhere that this later version was licensed by CBS and manufactured in Japan. But then there's also the 208 which looks like it was manufactured back in the USofA.

5fairchild.jpg

Your cartridge looks very similar to this Fairchild.

Last two pictures are from Retro Vintage Hi-Fi - great reference site!

The first is as noted is an RMG series, which came in a short 9" eff length 212 model and long 12" eff 309 series.
The one shown does have the original 7 pin din out of which 2 of the pins are not used early version.

Oddly enough "some" of the RMG-212 versions were made without the rear stub rubber coupling
although I can't say I have see this in the RMG-309's.

There was a RMG made for EMT that like the early SME series 1 had the rotatable collar diamond versus square configuration.

Sorry for rambling on the coffee is kicking in.

Back
Top Bottom