ID - Thor's CV's younger sibling?

dingus

when i first came across AK the first post i read was on Thor's CV's with the juicy pics. i dont think these are in the same class but i thought they were interesting.

i found these on craigslist.org in Seattle, original asking price for the pair was $800, condition like new. according to the seller they go for something like $3600 retail. nobody would touch em so he's now he's taking offers (original ad has been removerd so i cant go back for a recheck). they are supposed to be CV's, i dunno.

No, those are "White Van" speakers. Stay well away. LOL I've seen them on Ebay with "reptilian" fabric on the cabinets... for some reason "reptilian" fabric inflates the bidding price by $100 or so. I'll try and find a link or two from Ebay so you can see for yourself.

i could be wrong but the design is way off.. hate to say it but to sophisticated looking for cv,, seen quite few over the years..even thors have that brute cv look :naughty: ,,my vote is no

Ok, that didn't take long. :)

sl900.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14993&item=5754105704&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Look familiar?

Last edited:
ha! too funny. i remember the original ad, the seller claimed they were CV's and even had another photo of the supposed back panel, which ID'ed them as CV's. the kicker for me was the "suggested retail $" stamp on the same panel.
thanks guys!

Dingus if you are really interested in a pair like mine I know a guy in Denmark who has a pair, I think shipping will hurt though ;)

for me its a matter of space to house them. i ended up bringing the 810's into work for the time being. they'll be in a climate controlled environment and will get some use, which i would prefer over being put into storage. someday i'll get a shop for just me and audio gear. i'll have a diverse collection then you can bet.

dingus said:
when i first came across AK the first post i read was on Thor's CV's with the juicy pics. i dont think these are in the same class but i thought they were interesting.

i found these on craigslist.org in Seattle, original asking price for the pair was $800, condition like new. according to the seller they go for something like $3600 retail. nobody would touch em so he's now he's taking offers (original ad has been removerd so i cant go back for a recheck). they are supposed to be CV's, i dunno.

Those are indeed the infamouns "Theater Research" "white van" speakers......absolute $#%^!! The seller that is selling those on E-Bay also sell alot of Theater Research.....so, the relationship is pretty obvious. STAY CLEAR!!!!

Back
Top Bottom