Ideas for integrated amplifier?

Wise words are written above,I still think another pair of sp.cables...and speaker selector is your best and cheaper option for "exploring the capabilities" :)

Last edited:
The McIntosh MA6200 integrated amplifier has connections for 3 pairs of speakers which can be switched individually from the front panel. The amplifier is also designed for the simultaneous operation of all 3 pairs (or a combined load of 2 ohms).

The same also applies to the MAC4100, 4200 and 4300 receivers.

An impedance matching speaker selector could be used certainly, if the only objective is to hook up more speaker pairs while needing to maintain a safe operating load.

Conversely, if the aim is to increase the overall sound level, or experiment with different amps whie controlling the source and level from one component, then by all means get another integrated or power amp and strap its inputs to the pre-outs on the G.

I am done! ,swapped the rear surround sound designed speakers for
my old mirage Omni 60's. Perfect to my ear, I backed off EQ settings and Bass,Mid,Trebble. plenty of power. No where near pushing the G8000, Thanks for everyones input, much appreciated.
P.S. 4-8 ohm speakers with the correct watt requirement is plenty with this receiver in a media/audio room.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom