Identifying Classic Cars

The Mustang GT350 was the toughest, what with the name being printed on the car in letters four inches tall ...

PS ... they misspelled "hertz" and that threw me for almost a second. <G>

Mmmm, that was pretty easy. That green Charger with the black vinyl top done got the ugly makeover.

Murray

A fun little quiz, but way too easy! I used to not care for the 1970 -1973 Camaros, but now I'm really starting to take a shine to them.

Last edited:
I got 24 of 24 right

Excellent! You put the pedal to the metal and aced this quiz!

Yeah, I got one wrong too. It was the Skylark / Dart choice. Not to familiar with those cars. Otherwise it was kind of easy. Especially since it felt like it was the same 3 or 4 cars every time...

24/24. The choices were pretty obvious, the '34 couldn't have possibly been any of the other options. Corvettes do not look like Mustangs, etc. If they wanted to be tricky they could have had all the choices be possibles, but wrong because of a year or trim level difference. Of course half of that is misleading, there are probably more RS/SS/Z28/GT350/Mach1, etc on the road now than were ever made.

Way too easy. 24/24 simply though process of elimination on the few that might have posed a challenge.

A good test. Course any one I take and do well...is a good test!:biggrin:

Really used to get PO'd at the gas pumps when a younger guy would come over and compliment me on my Mustang. For the longest time, I'd correct, explaining it was a Camaro...a '68. As time passed, I'd just offer, a thanks, and move on with life.

It did have an orig GM 8 track!

Q

A good test. Course any one I take and do well...is a good test!:biggrin:

Really used to get PO'd at the gas pumps when a younger guy would come over and compliment me on my Mustang. For the longest time, I'd correct, explaining it was a Camaro...a '68. As time passed, I'd just offer, a thanks, and move on with life.

It did have an orig GM 8 track!

Q

I was driving my 69 Cougar convertible in a parade and a young boy probably about 13 yells out, "Hey, that's a good looking Camaro." I said thanks a lot but it's not a Camaro, it's a Cougar. I just appreciated him liking my car and taking interest in older cars.

I was driving my 69 Cougar convertible in a parade and a young boy probably about 13 yells out, "Hey, that's a good looking Camaro." I said thanks a lot but it's not a Camaro, it's a Cougar. I just appreciated him liking my car and taking interest in older cars.

YOU, I like!!!!:thumbsup:

Q

I agree that it was a fun exercise and only got one wrong too. Now if they created a similar test using late model vehicles that we all see on the roads every day I don’t think I would do so well. First, too many of them look alike and second, I just don’t care enough about the vast majority of late model vehicles to pay attention to them long enough to learn their names. Some manufacturers sure are putting a lot of effort into making some incredibly ugly vehicles though.

Now if they created a similar test using late model vehicles that we all see on the roads every day I don’t think I would do so well.

I know I would fail miserably If you lined up a dozen late-model mid-size sedans next to one another, I couldn't tell a Honda from a Hyundai--they all look alike (to me). Worse yet, like you, I really don't care--they are all bland/generic with no real "style" to them.

Back
Top Bottom