Status
Not open for further replies.

siamac

PIONEER VINTAGE
Somebody killed SX-1250

Take a look at this:

00_1_b.JPG

ce_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23335&item=7517782457&rd=1

The seller is writing, that someone wanted to use it as a power-amp and made some changes!!

Every SX-1250 can be used as a power amp, so why damage this expensiv beauty :cry:

Last edited:
What a loser......That looks like shit!Hard to believe some moron would do that.WAS a nice piece......

What a dumbass. Even I recognize a 1250 as something to put on a pedestal. Stupe!
Tom

I really can't find the words to describe what an ULTRA MORON this guy is....It's not like there aren't anymore of those out there to be had, but why ruin a perfectly good not to mention highly collectable receiver....DOH!!!!!! :cry:

The perpetrator of this alleged "crime against electronics" is perfectly within his rights. Calling him names is clearly stupido. Have you lost your minds? How is it that you are some sorts of moral arbiters for this incident of his own volition? Lay off, guys. Too much caffeine is bad for you, perhaps decaf is what you should be drinking.

I have seen the front zoomed ...actully not to a bad job, in my pov. the only mistake in this mod, which make use use of the best part from the SX-1250 is the chassis should have been ½ as deep as it came .. ;)

Ps. I would like to hear this amp with a "high grade" cdp and a stepped att. :naughty:

Last edited:
msjanket said:
The perpetrator of this alleged "crime against electronics" is perfectly within his rights.
This point is not or has not been disputed.

msjanket said:
Calling him names is clearly stupido.
This is a matter of opinion.

msjanket said:
Have you lost your minds?
Not at all.

msjanket said:
How is it that you are some sorts of moral arbiters for this incident of his own volition?
It's called expressing opinions. Last I knew we were free to do so. Just as you are and have done :) I for one consider what the owner did to be foolish and a waste of a perfectly good classic receiver... roughly equal to turning a '53 Corvette into a pickup truck, IMO.

msjanket said:
Lay off, guys.
Sorry. We call 'em as we see 'em.

msjanket said:
Too much caffeine is bad for you, perhaps decaf is what you should be drinking.
I do drink decaf. It's useless warm brown water. It keeps me calm. You should see me when I'm excited.

Mr. Moderator, feel free to delete if you wish.

Tom

Last edited:
Re msjanket's comments...

Why is it that when we are all having a ball, somebody comes and spoils the party? :thumbsdn:

"Don't take life too seriously, you won't come out of it alive"

Last edited:
Bad memories, guys. I thought the website was to include comments not demeaning other members. Calling somebody and idiot and moron is "just expressing an opinion". How about calling the next guy a schmuck for same? Love the comment about "somebody spoiling the party". crooner really shows his colors here. Sorry to spoil your "party", guys. I can't wait to call you guys morons and idiots when you differ from my opinion...just expressing my opinion, you know...

I for one love vintage non butchered audio.What someone did was brutalize a classic Pioneer.......and he is a moron for doing it.

Last edited:
msjanket said:
Bad memories, guys. I thought the website was to include comments not demeaning other members. Calling somebody and idiot and moron is "just expressing an opinion". How about calling the next guy a schmuck for same? Love the comment about "somebody spoiling the party". crooner really shows his colors here. Sorry to spoil your "party", guys. I can't wait to call you guys morons and idiots when you differ from my opinion...just expressing my opinion, you know...
1. The eBay listing for that receiver is in Germany. The seller may not necessarily be a member of AudioKarma.
2. I've been called far worse than idiot or moron. So have many others here, both on this forum and in real life face-to-face situations. I've even deserved it, on occasion. As far as I personally am concerned, have at it. Be my guest. I've got wide shoulders.

Tom

Last edited:
crooner said:
"Don't take life too seriously, you won't come out of it alive"

Don't be a moron, Crooner. Be sure to leave me your equipment when you kick the bucket.. :D

Last edited:
OvenMaster said:
1. The eBay listing for that receiver is in Germany. The seller may not necessarily be a member of AudioKarma.
2. I've been called far worse than idiot or moron. So have many others here, both on this forum and in real life face-to-face situations. I've even deserved it, on occasion. As far as I personally am concerned, have at it. Be my guest. I've got wide shoulders.

Tom

Well said tom! :banana:

I have been called a "moron", I feel sooo bad :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

VintageNut, you're first on my audiokarma will!

"May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine" The Chairman Of The Board.

crooner said:
I have been called a "moron", I feel sooo bad :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
admitting you are a moron is the first step toward recovery, some morons go on to live rich, fullfilling lives, however, severe morons, such as yourself Crooner, can only reasonably expect a more modest improvement, say a progression to the stupid level, perhaps village idiot... :thmbsp:

Last edited:
What concerns me was the fact that this "guy" could have done better than "mod" a perfectly good 1250. . . You would think if he wanted an amplifier there would be better ways of achieving it than ruin a 1250, in my mind anyway. . .

Of course he has the absolute right to turn it into party hats if he had a mind to. . . And it would most likely make fine party hats at that but. . .

It is just amazing at the lengths some people go and the work they create for themselves when the obvious is starring right in their eyes.

msjanket said:
:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom