Idiot killed SX-1250

Status
Not open for further replies.
msjanket said:
The perpetrator of this alleged "crime against electronics" is perfectly within his rights. Calling him names is clearly stupido. Have you lost your minds? How is it that you are some sorts of moral arbiters for this incident of his own volition? Lay off, guys. Too much caffeine is bad for you, perhaps decaf is what you should be drinking.

Who needs the decaf?

Ya gotta love how ovenmaster slips and slides over the shoals of bigotry and namecalling. Justifying calling somebody and idiot or moron is just fine 'cause ovenmaster has been called worse. Nice, real nice, ovenmaster. Like Saddam, you got caught with yer pants down.

msjanket said:
Ya gotta love how ovenmaster slips and slides over the shoals of bigotry and namecalling. Justifying calling somebody and idiot or moron is just fine 'cause ovenmaster has been called worse. Nice, real nice, ovenmaster. Like Saddam, you got caught with yer pants down.

DUDE! How did this discussion go from a few of us venting about a guy who ruined a great receiver to you comparing a fellow AKer to Saddam? Maybe you should take some Pamprin and lay down for awhile!!!!! :yes:

msjanket said:

Are the voices in your head there all the time, or only when you drink?

Hm, so this guy took a working SX-1250 and butchered it so that it will work as a power amp. Even though it would always have worked as a power amp without butchering it. And now it lacks the other functions it previously had. Except now he won't get shit for it.

Ok, let's condense this a little more, make sure I'm gettin' it. This guy took something valuable and destroyed its value while gaining nothing else he didn't already have...

And now someone's arguing that this guy shouldn't be called an idiot/moron/dumbass/f**ktard/etc.? Opinions are opinions, but stupidity is also stupidity, and both things should be recognized for what they are.

Last edited:
Actually, on second thought, can we just get a lock on this? It started out in good humor but headed down the toilet pretty fast, and I don't see it coming back up again. Better to just drop it before it turns into an all out war...

I am grateful for support shown, gentlemen. I thank you.

Congratulations, Ms Janket: you are the first one to force me to avail myself of this forum's Ignore function.

As for Ms Janket, I simply refuse to lower myself to address him/her any further. 'Nuff said.

Tom

Last edited:
I thought this is a Pioneer Forum. :scratch2:
So it is normal, that we Pioneer-Lovers , especially SX-1250-Lovers, cannot understand, how somebody can destroy such a nice reciever. :yes:

BTW the seller on Ebay is not the person who "killed" it. :no:

Next time i write : "not so brainful person" instead of "idiot", sorry. :worried:

There's a klavern in the town, in the town...

It's truly fine to see you backers of the fellow who used the idiot/moron words in describing the free choice of the reciever owner. The guy can't do anything without being branded a cretin by you'se guys. So what if he took his own property and defaced it? It's not his choice? You've probably done things of a similar nature but I don't see where it makes any sense to call you idiots and morons. Apparently, agreement with your position constitutes the "right" place to be. Well, that's just ducky. Who'd want you backing them anyway?

I can see some points on both sides of the "argument" Does anyone know if the SX1250 was operating fully? Could it have had a bad tuner, or preamp, or smashed faceplate?, and someone figured, "what the heck, let's convert it to just an amp" Even today, people don't know what a good SX1250 is worth, they are not morons, just ignorant. Even some smart people might look at a old receiver and say, it's a junky unit, do whatever with it.

msjanket - you're right that insulting terms were used in regards to the person who modded the SX-1250. Frankly, to the vintage audio equipment lovers on this forum, what that person did to that Pioneer receiver was idiotic. Sometimes a spade needs to be called a spade, regardless of whether it is polite. I wouldn't use those terms with anyone personally, because it would be hurtful. I might mention to a friend that another friend had done something stupid (or idiotic) but I wouldn't name names.

If you reread your posts thoughfully you will see that you went beyond stating your opinion on the comments in other posts, to making insulting comments of your own about the AK members posting those comments.

AK has a great bunch of people, and if you are an audio nut (oops, lover :D ) you will be well rewarded by all that this site offers.

Last edited:
I think a few of the paticipants in this tread have been court with there minds exposed ...and it was not a pleasent sight to see :grumpy:
Its simple and pure ignorance to flame an un-known person wo. knowing what was the purpose to make the convert of the SX-1280 for a "black box" so many factors are not known to all of us ... :yes:

Last edited:
Okay perhaps I used the wrong words. Let me be politically correct here.

Wow, whoever did that was a real "genius"! What "skill"! What "ingenuity"! What "craftsmanship"! I'm sure whoever did this "modification" really intended to increase it's worth. I'm sure the "modding" will be a hugely desireable "improvement" over a non-modified, stock, classic receiver. Now that's what I call an "upgrade"! He must not have had any possibility of getting any inexpensive power amps where he lives.

Tom

Last edited:
msjanket said:

Lets try this. How about everyone stop calling anyone names. A novel idea eh ?

And Msjanket. I just love that Moral high ground your standing on. One of these days a big wave will come by and knock you on your ass.

What a turd muncher! Why on Earth would you destroy a piece like that! That reminds me of Richard Pryor in the movie "Brewster's Millions" where he sends a post card using a priceless stamp! It is a waste!!

If someone would have turned it into a piece of modern-art sculpture it would have been better served, but to turn a 1250 into a hideous Frankenstein's Monster for no reason is idiotic. Cripes!

The owner of the unit at the time of the "mod" obviously isn't a complete electronics novice, which makes me wonder if the original unit didn't actually have some severe damage (missing faceplate?) in the first place. The world may never know...

Hey there are some nice Europeans !

Axel from the vintage knob is super cool.

Ragging on our kin overseas is not very productive and only feeds the anti American BS

I will add an asshole is an asshole no matter where they live...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom