Idiot needs EQ help...

This thread is really helpful as I can easily match any idiocy when it comes to EQs. I believe we were separated at birth. I just acquired an entire SAE rack system P101pre/ A501 power amp /T101 tuner and E101 parametric equalizer. Connections are one thing... then there’s the incredible versatility and complexity of the eq....

:dunno:

Remember; boost if you want it to sound different, cut if you want to make it better.

I always recommend a measurement mic. Google REW

This, this, this. The Skipper nailed it, too. But you owe it to yourself to try it.

I am not familiar at all with the Mac XR5 speakers, so will have to do some investigation. In the meantime, though, what is printed on those plates at the top of the motor board in front?

GeeDeeEmm

Edit: never mind - found the explanation on Roger Russell's site:

"The crossover board is plugged into a separate compartment enclosed by an aluminum box. It is accessible from the front and is covered with a thick aluminum extrusion that has a block diagram of the crossover network printed on it. The fuses are mounted on this extrusion. The front grille is hinged and can swing to the side."

507838-mcintosh_xr5_speakers_vg_condition.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom