Idle Stop & Go (ISG) Love it or Hate it?

Yeah, I believe it was to fake out the emissions requirements, but at the same time it helps dealers and shops make money replacing prematurely worn out parts.

I hope the guy who designed this dumb feature gets creamed trying to move away from a red light after the engine fails to restart.

Yes, after my post I listened to that video you posted. Sums it up pretty nicely. Particularly where he says, "it has no tangible benefit to the owner" and "adds complexity" which we all know what that means down the road. Where will these ridiculous "features" end? Would be enough to make me completely discount a particular make of car. Of course every manufacturer will probably jump on this silly bandwagon...

Yes, after my post I listened to that video you posted. Sums it up pretty nicely. Particularly where he says, "it has no tangible benefit to the owner" and "adds complexity" which we all know what that means down the road. Where will these ridiculous "features" end? Would be enough to make me completely discount a particular make of car. Of course every manufacturer will probably jump on this silly bandwagon...
Yeah, they will all have it soon. Sadly I had to pass up so many options because of no full power on the passenger seat.

The new Ferrari's I work on have them and the new Portofino even has a rolling stop feature where the engine will shut off when you're rolling to a stop - I forget the speed, but something like 2 or 3 mph.

The new Ferrari's I work on have them and the new Portofino even has a rolling stop feature where the engine will shut off when you're rolling to a stop - I forget the speed, but something like 2 or 3 mph.
You can fake out the Santa Fe by coming to a real slow stop. I just sent my wish list of programming changes to the Dealer with other issues to see what they can do before I buy the 3rd party memory module.

Just bought a ‘15 Jeep Cherokee that has this.
Dealer had to buy a new owners manual so I’m waiting on that to dive into and see if there’s an override.
You’ll never convince me it’s of any value.

One more reason never to stop on RR tracks.

800px-CN_2416_GE_C40-8M.jpg

Most annoying thing I have ever seen on a car. That's your mandated mileage working for you. They don't care if you run through starters just as long as they hit their mpg standards.

I am heading to the Hyundai dealer after work today with a list of programming changes I want done. Hopefully they can do most of them.

Reverse the default on the ISG
Turn Off Seat Belt Chimes
Turn Off Exit Beep if you get out of the car with the key
Turn Off Smart Key sensor (this car does not know about Key1 and Key 2 as they are both the same) We regularly lock my wifes pocketbook in the car if out together and I have the other key but you cannot lock the car in any way if 1 of the keys is inside. Prefer the warning beep but not stop from lock.
Turn Off the light in the Hazard Warning button as you have this big ugly glowing triangle in the middle of the dash at night. I know where the button is thank you.
Turn off the dumb warning every time you turn on the Radio or Nav
Turn off the Touch Screen Beep every time it is touched

Take off the improperly badged 2.0T logo
Re-Detail properly
Buff out scratches in the Windshield ( I get that over years you get these little scratches, but not on a new vehicle)

Back
Top Bottom