If equipment were free, what would you have?

Magnaplanar 20.7 speakers (7 of them)
McIntosh 1.2kw amps (7 of them)
Esoteric Audio front end
Micro Seiki TT w/ 4 arms
Tara Labs cables

4 Stereo Integrity 24" subwoofers, each driven by a 14kw amp.

I like to have a 30/12 SME Turntable with a Clear audio Straight line tracking tone arm. I'd like to have 3 XR 290 Speakers with 4 XRt 28, and a whole bunch of 1.2 K amps. I'd want 4 Accuphase room processors. I'm still not sure my room perfect is the answer. I guess you better throw in some of the big Dynavector cartridges. I would need 4 more MPI-4, my tuners are all perfect. Maybe a MCD550. A custom hifi cabinet so I could fit in 17 inch and 19 inch wide units. How about 10,000 CD's 10,000 Lp's a a few 1000 DVD's.

I've read this thread. I tried, but my system suits me well. Any improvement would be so small I will probably add a Bryston amp, but that's it.

A1415.jpg

I like the way you think ....... though in my case I'd want the machines I cut my teeth on. Didn't realize till later just how good I had it !! Seriously TOTL.....

Deckel FP2 Universal Milling Machine

deckel3.jpg

Monarch EE lathe

Nifong Monarch, Cinn. cyl. 026.jpg

I would address my needs, and not my wants that might exceed what I need.

So it would be what I have now, maybe spend a couple of hundred on making a new set of speaker cables to replace the Neotech ones, and spend a few hundred on Hot rodding the Marantz player.

Simlpes.jpg

Here you go. Infinity IRS-V's
And yet, as impressive as the ones I heard at Sea Cliff were in many aspects, the bass towers sounded as though they belonged to a different speaker.

Truly coherent from top to bottom they were not to these ears. Neither were Arnie's Genesis towers that followed.

Ha, my thread, my interests! And that covers machine tools that are used to make things like turntables. You think those parts grow on trees?

I'll never have one, but I'd love an Abene VHF-3 mill in nice shape.

Cool! I've got a glass-blowing torch, but the plasma ball is a lot bigger than I could manage.

A VPI Classic Direct with three extra arm wand, Bob Carver's ALS speakers and monos, four new cartridges for the new table, and Berning's 200 WPC mono ZOTL. An SME 30/12 and another cartridge would be nice too. And an Accuphase T-1100, Kenwood L-02T and Marantz 10b. Let's throw in an MFA Luminescence too.

I'd also get a few very pricey pieces and flip them to fund putting a dedicated listening room on top of my garage.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom