If i was to manufacture a perfect set of speakers...

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by butcherblock, Jul 8, 2017.

1. bowtie427ss

bowtie427ss arigato gozaimashita Subscriber

Let's add to that, in depth courses of study in both chemistry and magnetics.

2. sanford12

sanford12 Old Stuff New Stuff As long as it's Good Stuff Subscriber

I don't think it can be done yet if ever. With todays technology there's always compromise and with tomorrows there with always be opinion.

3. butcherblock

butcherblock AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have twenty years in so far and i have a good deal of all those resources and the know how to use them. It is not easy, but it is a task/passion i intend on persuing. Whether successful or not. I am merely asking for preferences and opinions...

Thanx

4. Nat

Nat AK Subscriber Subscriber

I sense you feel disappointed with most of the responses for being insufficiently enthusiastic. I don't believe people are putting you and your qualifications down, but simply pointing out that an awful lot of people (including plenty of us here) have tried their hands at the same task (and, apparently, you have found their results inadequate), and that there are a whole bunch of fairly well understood qualifications/assets/experiences that are most likely needed to accomplish much.
    You may think that we sound like a lot of wet blankets, but recognize that you didn't just ask for suggestions for building a nice pair of speakers, or a better than average pair, but a perfect pair. So you have raised the bar very high - impossibly high in many peoples' view, who believe no such thing can exist - and given the appearance of excessive confidence.
    In general, AKers are very supportive of people who want to get into building audio equipment, but it's easier to help people who are realistic about the challenges they face.

5. bowtie427ss

bowtie427ss arigato gozaimashita Subscriber

Very well said, Nat! Thank you.

As i have opined in another forum dealing specifically with loudspeakers, perfection seems only to exist in the associated personalities.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  6. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

No such thing as a perfect speaker as everyone has different ears. Now, if we all shared the same pair of ears, then we would on need one set of perfect speakers.

7. stevo137

stevo137 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Our ears are constructed the same and very similar, the main difference is our brains!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    unfairlane likes this.