1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

If Mac were to reintroduce a loudspeaker, which would you chose?

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by twiiii, May 7, 2018.

1. Velocityboat

Velocityboat Super Member

Line Arrays rule a big roost. 20 years ago i would of passed too. Being older Every time I have jumped no regrets. See my white rhino thread.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. gmc

gmc AK Subscriber Subscriber

If those were XR290s, sitting in that lobby, I would have done everything in my power to acquire them. I think those would fit quite nicely in my listening room.
    I remember an email from Roger, where he told me that he used a pair for several years in a 10'x12' room before replacing them with his IDS-25s!!!

3. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

Well, since McIntosh and Sonus-Faber are part of the same company, I see no need for McIntosh to have their own speakers. This way they can focus on their electronics.

4. Velocityboat

Roger told me the same. He said he set his on the long wall when asking him about how to set up my XR290s. You should build you a set of the IDS-25s. They sound very similar in near field to XR290s and are great up through moderate listening levels.

5. gmc

gmc AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm still hopeful that my XRT20s are going to keep me happy for a very long time, but they have to go back to the repair shop, as one of the speakers came home with an issue. My listening room is 15' x 21-1/2', so it should be a decent enough size for my XRTs.

6. Velocityboat

I forgot you were restoring the XRT20s. Hopefully all is squared away satisfactory to you soon. You will love the 20s.

Please register to disable this ad.