If Money was no object which pair would you buy?

BroonsBane

raisn em up waxin em down
I have a shot at either a pair of Klipsch LaScalas or a pair of Tannoy Monitor 15" Blues, Belvedere cabs. Would be used with SS now and tubes a bit down the road.
Which would you buuy and why?

Thanks!

I'm Partial To La Scalas But Maybe A Desc Of Condition Of Finish Etc Might Play A Role.

I'd give them both a listen, if you could.

I have a set of La Scalas and really like them, but noticed the other day that they seem to be lacking in bass. I'll check it out later, but my Boston Acoustics A-100s in the bedroom system, seemed to have a much more solid bottom than the La Scalas, which a few folks run with subs to get the lows.

I haven't heard the Tannoys, and don't know of the blues, but from what I hear most of them are very special speakers.

You seem to be in quite a fortunate position :yes:

Condition on both pairs is comparable and yes, I am in a fortunate position depending on each sellers bottom line. I like a good bottom end (on speakers too) so adding a smal sub is not out of the question if I went with the LaScalas.

I'm partial to Klipsch...but I never was a reel fan of the LaScalas.....for some reason they have too much 'box coloration'...and as andy said...the bottom is lacking....

To tell ya the truth though...I would do a 'side-by-side' listening test though.....because I havent heard the Tannoys...(I dont recall if there was a dealer up this way or not....I dont think so.....)..I really couldn't give you any advise .......but i know one thing ...the Klipsch Fortes ...IMHO sounds a lot better than the LaScalas.....but thats my personal opinion..

Back
Top Bottom