If You Could Go Back In Time To One Concert....

Fillmore West 1968 - Jimi Hendrix Experience- John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers - Albert King

Albert King is my favorite blues artist and well Jimi Hendrix nuff said

s-l500.jpg

And a great poster, too. :thumbsup:

Chicago at the Hollywood Bowl late 1970 or maybe early 1971; my memory's a little fuzzy. Original members with Terry Kath (sp?). No opening act, they just played for close to three hours. OPG.

Fillmore West 1968 - Jimi Hendrix Experience- John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers - Albert King

Albert King is my favorite blues artist and well Jimi Hendrix nuff said

s-l500.jpg

That must have been a great experience, no pun intended. I saw John Mayall perform when he was 69 years old and he was amazing. Jimi, John, and Albert. What more can be said. :rockon:

-Dave

Don't know the date, arena or even year, but whenever Johnny Cash stomped the footlights out while playing?? That would have been epic.

Or.....Ryman Auditorium, backstage, when Elvis was told to go back to being a truck driver.

It would have been something to have been at one of those Golden Gate Park shows and seen the whole vibe around the GD

Sorry I go Way Back

"Jess Roden" the singer [

The Alan Bown Set - Live 1966 - UK

Learn an acoustic version of this sing it to your kids:
:banana:

The Alan Bown - Toyland - UK

I would have liked to be at any of the shows listed in this thread, but my regret is a little more modern. I was all set to buy tickets to see Miles Davis at the Keswick in Glenside PA, 20 minutes from me. He had been playing there a few times then. For some reason at the last minute something came up and I decided Oh Well, I will catch him next year when he returns.

Mikes died a week or so later and that was his final show. Still kicking myself.

I have just stumbled upon a cache of videos from The Middle East and am having enough trouble remembering shows I was at!

I would love to have seen Zeppelin before I found out they appropriated so many songs, and I started questioning the notion of Hobbit Rock.

June 26 1970. Saw the Who in Cincinnati. Opening act was the James Gang.

Our seats weren't that great so we managed to work our way down and sit on the edge of the orchestra pit (and not get kicked out)
Moon's splintering drum sticks kept flying out at us.... ha.

25881_1395561249797_5763620_n.jpg

Midnight Oils , Oils on the Water concert for the 10th anniversary of radio JJJ on Goat Island in beautiful Sydney Harbour 1985. They were peaking.

Fortunately there's a video of the entire gig.

July 13th, 1977 - Capital Center
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours tour
Kenny Loggins band front.
Jimmy Messina climbs out of the audience
2 hours of Loggins & Messina THEN
Fleetwood Mac
Arrived there at 7:45 for 8PM concert
Concert finished at 1:40AM!
First time a whole film can of pot was smoked between me & girlfriend during concert.

My bride and I saw the Dandy Warhols at the Orange Peel a few years ago when we lived in Asheville. The greatest part of the show was our walking out in the middle of it. LOL. We didn't recognize any of the songs, everyone around us was a hipster, and the sound was terrible. We proudly shoved our way through the crowd and out the door, proclaiming all the way that we were out of there because we were "too hip to stay for this sh#t." We still joke that we're too hip for the Warhols.

Another great moment, also at the Orange Peel, was seeing the Cowboy Junkies. Now that was a good show. But the best moment was when my wife stood up to go get us another beer from the bar. We were near the front, and for this show, everyone was seated, and I suppose it might have looked a little disruptive, but you should have seen the stink-eye glare that Margo gave my wife as she briskly rose from her seat with our plastic cups and made a beeline for the bar. I mean, if looks could kill... .

Back
Top Bottom