If you like glowing tube photos... SMAC meet

Moved this to the SMAC meet forum so its easier to find. Great pics...cept the one of me :)

I'm not sure myself, but for people with a (free) Flickr account, you can add notes to photos (to point out interesting bits) and comments that appear at the bottom of the photos. Anyone who would like to add information is more than welcome. Or email me with the details and I'll add it myself if you really don't want to be bothered with getting a Flickr account.

If the Cold Case Squad ever gets wind of these little get-togethers, the Tube Forum will be a ghost town.

Your name came up at the meet, you know. Everyone was talking about what great guy you are. What do you pay these people to say stuff like that?

It was fantastic. No better way to enjoy the day, and I learned a lot, as I always do. Got to hear some Stevie Ray Vaughn that was more jazzy than I had ever heard before from him, neat stuff. Heard differences in tube amps on those magificent Klipsh speakers of Squidward's. Incredible pizza, as usual. These things are just a lot of fun - very relaxed, very casual.

Wow ! What Great shots ! What a Great time! Wow what a Great collection of amps! Wow Wow Wow what Great people! Triple double Wow to the Great Host and Hostesses !!!! As usual the long drive was well worth the effort as Ed and family really let us trash the place with electrocution an ever present danger. Just kidding about the Danger aspect, I think! I could go on and on but suffice it to say this Mini Fest was the Best once again! Thanks to all for good music, great conversations, great amps, and great ideas!

Terry

Michigan winter warmed up by Mad Valve Artists

Cheers! to all that were there. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

What a (nother) great time we had... I am always impressed to see (and hear) what has now become a glimpse of what will show at AK fest this year. Ed's get togethers have always been fun, but the number of home made tube systems and the level of performance was outstanding this SMAC meeting. Time just flew and it realistically would have taken a whole weekend to chat with everyone and thoroughly listen to all the equipment that came with their craftsmen. I would be happy to bring enough vinyl to get us through... Needless to say, I have a sneaky suspicion that most of us can't wait for the Fest to get here in May, I for one can’t. This was a stand out event. Thanks again to Ed and the girls for the warm welcome, and thanks to all our amp builders for the warm atmosphere and beautiful transcription of our beloved pastime, and a shout out to Wigwam for capturing this fine experience. Good times... good times!

And yes, ...I do like trains.

Happy Listening! :beatnik:

You're welcome. I'm thinking of doing a photo clinic at AK Fest 08, or maybe I should take a room and shoot people's equipment as they bring it in. Like K-Mart taking photos of your kid at the holidays. Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom