If you were going to buy a Headphone stand

Mark W.

Nut house of the Universe
Been thinking about a table top headphone stand. And I got to wondering if it would be an advantage to have a jack and plug setup on the stand so an extension cord could be run from the stand to the amp and then the headphones cord plug into the base. Of course you would want the stand to be rather heavy and stable so as not to topple over if you moved around like to reach for your glass.

I could see how it would be pretty easy to incorporate the Jack and Plug into part of the base and have little caps that covered them if not in use.

Thoughts???

Sounds like a good idea to me. A friend of mine actually build a headphone end table and ran the wire under the floor to the headphone output of the amp. He also incorporated a volume control with his rig because his vintage stuff did not have a remote.

It does raise the question: Does anyone make good quality wireless headphones?

Mark, this is off-topic but, when is the new grandbaby going to arrive?

Clyde we are hanging on the cell phones every hour waiting for this little girl. I actually made a run up to the kids place yesterday to babysit granddaughter #1 while grandma took daughter to the hospital for a check (we think she's hoping if they poke around enough something will happen she's so tired of being PG, 4'11" girls don't enjoy being PG much I notice) but then sent her home still packin.

My guess is within the week.

I'll keep a good thought for you and the family. It's a very exciting time for all of you!

Do you do a lot of headphone listening?

Stick your headphones on this clock. :D

Beethoven-clock.jpg

I'll keep a good thought for you and the family. It's a very exciting time for all of you!

Do you do a lot of headphone listening?

Not really but I'm planning on doing more though the wife goes to bed much earlier then I do and the choices on the TV are starting to really suck so I'm thinking about going the headphone route to listen to a few LP's each night to help me do some sorting.

As to the Bust as a headphone rack I know a lot of guys do that with wig heads but I don't like having my headphones spread out all the time. It tends to weaken the tension.

The clock was made by E and Y (Japan), but only 100 were made. Kinda on the rare side. If you find one, consider yourself lucky!

I still think it would look cool with a pair of AKG's on it! :)

You could probably find an old mannequin head dirt cheap somewhere and do something similar. That way you could easily change or personalize it whenever you felt like it.

I have a plaster geisha girl bust on my desk at work. She grooves to my tunes when I'm not there to wear the headphones.

Well actually guys I have no need for a headphone stand as I have a hanger built into the top section of the little cabinet that sits next to the Main rack in my SHRINE. But I was thinking they would be something I could make a couple of to sell. And I wanted to get an idea what guys were looking for.

Back
Top Bottom