If you're in the Northeast snowstorm...

Buffalo has no snow,that is like saying Prince Edward Island doesn't have red soil!:D

A.

Oh, my frickin back... :cry:
and it's not supposed to stop snowing until tomorrow around noon! :dammit:

You'll get yours Kam... it's coming... soon... soon! :mad:

nuthin but gloomy clouds here in the Detroit area today. Not a flake insite....unless ya head over to Royal Oak ;)

Finally stopped snowing around 6pm here in 'Da Apple. Over a foot.

I stopped liking snow the year I got my driver's license. If it were up to me, we'd be living in Cali or Florida, scuba diving year 'round.
Still trying to talk the little woman into it, tho....

Spent the entire day inside listening to John Williams (the guitarist, not the score composer) and practicing.

as of..... whenever. its hot here
80+

been sweatin last few days. too dang hot. I was gonna watch a movie later.. which means closing all my windows. im afraid im gonna bake in there.:(

Then why do they call them the Snowy Mountains near Melbourne?

In all seriousness, I had a very good man and his son visit for a couple days back in 1990. They were from Melbourne. Victoria actually. Anyhow, they visited during February, and they were both amazed to see a completely frozen solid lake near here. This is a very rough and tumble, learned man. You had to see he and his son sliding around on that lake. Like a couple kids (son was 19 or so at the time). I was fortunate enough to spend 3 or 4 days at his place in October 1992. A fantastic place that Oz. Everyone should go just to see the weird wildlife (especially around Darwin). Men need to go just to see the BABES that are just about everywhere you turn your head. No place on earth compares babewise. No place. Darwin, Melbourne, Brisbane. It's all the same. Thousands of gorgeous babes. You're a lucky guy Chris.

Toasted Almond

Originally posted by Toasted Almond
A fantastic place that Oz. Everyone should go just to see the weird wildlife (especially around Darwin). Men need to go just to see the BABES that are just about everywhere you turn your head. No place on earth compares babewise. No place. Darwin, Melbourne, Brisbane. It's all the same. Thousands of gorgeous babes. You're a lucky guy Chris.

Toasted Almond

Toasted Almond

I agree totally, everywhere you look you can see beautiful chick. In the beginning I had to force myself not to look too much - I love it here :D

Chris

I just got off the ship this past Tuesday in Bayonne, and flew home from Newark. Looks like I got out of there just in time! Sure would suck had I ended up camping out in the airport waiting for planes to start flying again!

We were in NY on the ship last winter when they had all of that snow! Really sucks dealing with mooring lines when they are frozen! Here's a shot of the snowman I made last year during that storm. He's standing out on the bridge-wing. He lasted several days out there.

Right now, it's 47 here in SE Texas, but with 97% humidity and a little wind, that cold goes right thru ya! :eek:

Right now, it's 47 here in SE Texas, but with 97% humidity and a little wind, that cold goes right thru ya!

Okay time for a little perspective. 47 degrees F is basically t-shirt weather here in the Great White North. Right now it's 17 F and dropping with a fairly brisk wind. We've had some snow already but nothing to get worked up about. I remember a trip to Raleigh NC during one March Break and a 2" snowfall sent that city into a state of emergency. We were laughing our a$$es off.

Mike

Oh yes, 17 F is definately cold! But add a lot of humidity to it and it feels even worse. I was in Maine last year when it was getting down in the teens and single digits. It was no doubt cold, but the drier air made it seem not so bad.

In any case, I would prefer 17 F instead of 98 F. The heat of summer sucks. You can always put on enough clothes to stay warn, but can't take off enough to be cool! You can be buck-ass naked and still be sweatin the heat.

Originally posted by Charlie

In any case, I would prefer 17 F instead of 98 F. The heat of summer sucks. You can always put on enough clothes to stay warn, but can't take off enough to be cool! You can be buck-ass naked and still be sweatin the heat.

Yeah - but the babes also look better wearing less :D

CK

32 Years old and I have never seen snow in my life.
Our winters last about three months and are very mild (min temps seldom below 3 deg C / 37 Deg F with daytimes in the early 20's C / 70's F).
Summers are HOT, right now it's 28 deg C / 82 deg F and it's ten in the morning.

I would love to see snow sometime.

Regards

gerrit

Ask and you shall recieve ;)

The results of the big storm here in Bangor, Maine:

I didn't take any pictures as I was too busy snow blowing 8" of the stuff off the driveway Friday morning. Then I met the snowplows on the way to work - of course they were going the other way. We got another 4" overnight, but while I was checking my mail the neighbors son came over with his Jeep and got rid of the worst part, leaving little to clean up. That way I was able to clear a path to the greenhouse. At least the weight of the snow does not appear to have harmed any trees.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom