If you're old enough to get this joke...

chadbang

cassette%20cartoon_zpsmqagemjd.jpg

When I'd record an entire album on a tape I used to take the tapes apart and cut them down to album length so the sides matched the record.

3M had a nice little pen-sized tool that had a hex end for rewinding, a splicing block molded in the side of it, and the end screwed off and revealed a chamber with a couple dozen pre-cut cassette-width splicing tape bits within. I have one somewhere... Probably with my 1/4" block.

Chip

3M had a nice little pen-sized tool that had a hex end for rewinding, a splicing block molded in the side of it, and the end screwed off and revealed a chamber with a couple dozen pre-cut cassette-width splicing tape bits within. I have one somewhere... Probably with my 1/4" block.

Chip
Wasn't there a show like "antiques road show" that used to present old and obscure tools and explain what the were used for? Your tool would be a good candidate!
Wait, "your tool" sounds weird, but I'm gonna go with it anyway.:idea:

Hahaha, those were the days. I still remember when my car stereo spat out ribbons of a mixed tape, sadly no amount of pencils could have fixed that I was lucky I didn't crash the car.

Oh yeah! Done that a few times.
I guess this now officially puts me in the "old mans' club"?!
Think I need a nap now...

Usually a Dixon Ticonderoga #2. In a pinch, a large wooden chopstick that is square will also do.

Back
Top Bottom