IL100s times two

cplyons

AK Member
Not truly vintagey, but still very nice: I have a pair of the il100s subwoofers... came with the RABOS equalization kit, and sound really quite good. My issue is that since I have two I want to use both of them, one on each channel. How do I split the input so that it feeds each channel? Given that these are in a separate room from my amp I have to power these by the speaker wire. I can't figure out a way to bridge the internals...

??

Thanks,

Chris L
Austin, Texas

Hmmm...

To understand your question, can you provide a little more description? Are you running the subs off of the LFE output of a receiver, or are you running the main speaker outputs into the subs, then on to the amp and satellites?

All you do is re-solder the fitzlet rectifier to the output ditelom circuit of the input. Of course, take care not in invert the phase. :scratch2:
Sorry... I had to do that because I have no idea what the question is as I am not familiar with that gear. Pics may help...but all I can offer is that funny,,funny, gag line.
Hope I can help next time.
Also, Klipsch horns... cool. I saw a pair today at a guys and he had a pair of JBL VOT running on the same system with SAE equipment. I would not allow him to turn it on and show me how loud and how much bass there was.
Also, that old SX1280 was a nice sounding receiver! I bet I sold 500 or more SX780 and plenty of 1280s'. Didn't get it in the Inland Empire from Pacific, did you? LOL.
Good luck..
Steve

Thanks for the ho ho... ANyway, the speaker wires from the amp go into the sub. Then output speaker wires go from the sub to the speakers. I am not using bass management from my SX-1250 since no one had heard of such a thing in 1976, when it was built...

The problem is if I feed only one speaker input into each sub, then only one half of the sub's channels is being used (The sub is built to always take a stereo signal... I want to make each sub take one channel's signal and play say the left side through both of its sub-amps). I thought of just splicing the single set of speaker wires per channel so it attaches to both inputs, but I'm afraid of impedance or other issues I don't understand frying this thing...

Thoughts?

Chris

Hi Chris
I also have a il100 sub and was wondering 2 things... Does your amp run very hot and is it hot when the speaker goes into standby. RED LIGHT. My sub seems hot even when red light has been on even overnight.
Thanks
Dave

Can't say I'm familiar with this problem. Mine run cold when red light (no signal) and a little warm at the heat sinks at green light (signal). Sure wish I could figure out how to get a mono signal out of both amps in each one though...

Chris

cplyons said:
...The problem is if I feed only one speaker input into each sub, then only one half of the sub's channels is being used (The sub is built to always take a stereo signal...

Sorry, it's been a while since I looked at this thread.

The subs do not require stereo input. There's only one amp in the sub, and only one speaker. The only reason for stereo inputs is that a single sub is usually used to play the L+R signal, which is combined in the sub, then amplified.

I have two IL-120s, which are very similar to yours. I don't use the speaker inputs, I use line-level to drive them, and it's true that you get slightly more volume by splitting the line-level cables and using both L and R inputs, but that volume increase is the only difference, and you can make up for it by turing up the knob on the front. It should work exactly the same way for the speaker inputs.

In other words, I think you've got it right already, and don't need to change anything!

Wow, what an excellent reply. THANKS NEGOTIABLE! :tresbon:

As a small token of my appreciation I will now donate $20 to AK via PayPal.

A modest proposal: Everyone who gets good info here should do likewise! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Chris L
Austin, Texas

Back
Top Bottom