Im A "g" Man !!!!!!!

Congratulations Michael, I can imagine you are very excited about your purchase. Just make sure that the seller packs it well so that it arrives safely. You will probably enjoy this receiver very much when you have it set up and playing music. After all, its "pure power", yeah baby! :)

B/F

Thanks, I am EXTREAMLY excited about it and CAN NOT WAIT to get it into my hands. last year I paid $750 FOR A "SURROUND SOUND "RECIEVER" although it sounds GRETAAAAAT watching movies on my 65" widescreen tv, it just plain ol STINKS for music.. My Wife doesnt think I need another "toy" but I love good CLEAN sounding music. My Brother (Russ) has a G-7500 with JBL 4312s AND ITS unreal HOW good IT SOUNDS, i WAS SO Jealous of him, so I needed to get a SANSUI....... MAN I cant wait to get it into my hands....... Thanks for the reply and ill tell them PACK MY BABY well.... I just wonder how good the Bay City Rollers will sound at 110 DB...LOL :scratch2: :yuck: (just a Joke guys...) Ill let you know how good they packed it when i recieve it, if you hear some CRYING :pity: its me getting it in Pieces.....

Congrats!!! As an owner of a G-8000 myself, I can tell you that you will be blown away by the powerful but subtle power this baby produces.

But as B/F said, be sure that the seller packs it well as this baby is big and heavy. It needs double boxing and/or foam-in-place packaging to make the trip safely.

I serviced mine shortly after receiving it (October, 2003) and the lights are not too difficult to replace. I made the balance and bias adjustments (one channel was off) and the sound this unit produces thru my Boston A-70 II's is spectacular. Can barely get the gain control past the 10 o'clock position before my ears melt!

Cleaning the pots is, however, usually required on a unit this age. They are had to get at. However, daily working of each and every switch and pot from end-to-end or up-and-down or in-and-out (and I mean daily!!) for about two weeks will usually cure any scratchiness and erratic behavior - like one channel dropping out periodically or low volume from one channel.

Finally, post the serial number here when you get the unit and I'll add it to the Sansui database.

Paul

Hello, I e mailed them to MAKE sure they pack this baby well and when I do recieve it I will give you the serial #. :guitar: thanks again...Michael...

G-8000

I bought one off of the 'bay for $305 which included shipping. I gave it to a buddy of mine, after I acquired a AU-717 and TU-717 off of the 'bay also. The combo shouts with quality through my 2 pairs of Sansui's SP-X8000's.
My buddy sold the 8000 on the 'bay for $475 (1st time bidder), and he cleaned everything internally to factory spec's. He was the senior service tech at Sound Approach Stereo Emporium here in Newport News for over 20 years, till it folded.
He told me it sounded fantastic through his JBL's, but I never was able to play it through my speakers, inasmuch as my system wasn't hooked together then.
John

thats cool,Im gonna hook mine up to some HPM 100s and want to get a pair of JBL 4312s hope they can handle it...LOL this is my first G Sansui and AM just DYING to get it.... should be here by Friday or Monday....Michael...

Back
Top Bottom