Im amazed/bewildered/surprised...

bbopman1

So .....a question for all my fellow Kenwood fans...im looking at literally thousands of threads and viewers of Sansui and Pioneer posts...and then only ....188 for Kenwood?...so,Im bewildered...I always thought Kenwood was as big a name, or as popular...as those brands...Im shocked!...

So many more people are into Pioneer stuff?..and I remember that even back then, in the late 70s, I always liked the Pioneer designs, they were attractive..solid (I used to own a Pioneer SA 8500 integrated amp...) ...but to me ( and I thought many audiophiles even back in the day) they were more mass market...they sounded good,but...

So...my question is...were there really that many more Pioneer amps/receivers sold back then than Kenwoods?...and I do remember Sansuis being highly regarded as well...anyway, here we are..any thoughts?...Im scared to put this thread on the Pioneer page LOL...I'll get stampeded!

Well, really the AK search engine doesn't really work good at all. If you do a search for lets say for the Kenwood KA-9100, try just KA9100. If you try Kenwood alone (which I just did) about 32 pages full of stuff comes up and thats just the tip of the iceberg. Also, the Kenwood Forum is brand new, not all of the threads from the Vintage Solid State forum have been moved over.

Pioneer made a LOT of gear back in the 70s. I remember someone saying that for every Kenwood, Sansui, or Marantz their were 2 Pioneers.

Back
Top Bottom