1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

I'm done.

Discussion in 'Infinity Loudspeakers' started by 7.62, Oct 13, 2018.

1. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

IMG_2431.JPG

The 2.5's have met they're Match. The 4.5's arrived safe and sound, and a real survivor pair in unbelievable condition. Some light dusting and a refoam that's it. Don't know if I'll use the 2 equalizer boxes but I have them.

I promised the wife this is the end of the road. Gonna drive them with a Crown 2502, sit the hell back and enjoy the music.

After the refoam I'll put a video in the speaker forum. And finally something Nice that doesn't need any major work :beerchug:.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Seppo, david1111, Vmeleco and 13 others like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. goodolpg

goodolpg Just an old fart trying to help. Subscriber

Congrats!

Having a real person next to them gives a sense of scale, I had no idea they were that big.

7.62 likes this.
  3. okeeteekid

okeeteekid Well-Known Member

Congrats!

7.62 likes this.
  4. Sound Dragon

Sound Dragon Yawns and sets his couch on fire! Subscriber

Nice! No Krell on these?

7.62 likes this.
  5. Mark B

Mark B Yamaha Fan Subscriber

:thumbsup:

7.62 likes this.
  6. jazzmans

jazzmans Super Member

Woah! way, WAY bigger then I expected!

do you still have the 2.5? you should take a picture of them bracketed by the 4.5... they're huge

and, the sound?

7.62 likes this.

7. rickb119

rickb119 AK Subscriber Subscriber

:thumbsup:

7.62 likes this.
  8. pauljh

pauljh Active Member

With Watkins woofers and cabinets that large, they should have a ton of bass. Classic Infinity was all about the best; Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

7.62 likes this.
  9. Yamaki

Yamaki Not For Hire Subscriber

Wow! Those are awesome. Congrats on your find. Let us know what you think of them after you get them up and running.

7.62 likes this.
  10. L78MARK

L78MARK New Member

Very Nice!!
    And I bet they sound as good as they look. Good luck with them.
    Mark

7.62 likes this.
  11. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

Thanks everyone, just woke from a nap. I keep walking into that room and peeking ....lol it seems somewhat surreal that these big boys are in my house. The wife and I are in the midst of completely redoing the entire house so it will be few before I can really sit down and listen to what we have and give any thoughts.

That room they are in is getting gutted and turned into my listening space ;).

They are huge speakers, I’ll get a pic of one of the 2.5’s next to them tomorrow. No Krell on these Sound Dragon and I’ll explain why soon.

One thing I’m not happy about, and it’s not that big a deal because I’m going to replace them is the binding post. Those I didn’t get, the original jumpers and I can imagine their unobtainable. What the hell was Infinity thinking not putting in something that would hold a standard banana plug to decent depth.

Regardless they are pretty freaking awesome.

12. srb02

srb02 "Infinity Speaker" Man Cave Subscriber

:thumbsup::thumbsup: congrats

7.62 likes this.
  13. Kevin D

Kevin D AK Subscriber Subscriber

Very nice! Congrats!

7.62 likes this.
  14. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

IMG_2435.JPG IMG_2436.JPG IMG_2437.JPG IMG_2439.JPG

Here's a few more pics. One neat thing is the bass cabinet is the same height and depth to the center section on both speakers. I'm really pleased, oh Hell how cool is it to have both !!!!

So given there was only 300 pair made, I'm guessing this is no# 54/55. And I have to thank Joe ! He drove 2000 miles to trade with me. I hope your new Ren 90's make you very happy !

And Bobbyd38, if you happen to see this, while all these emims are in very good condition, I'd love to have some new spares :D. So there's 12 Sold when they are ready !

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Seppo, Rex81, Harvestor and 1 other person like this.
  15. rocknroll1

rocknroll1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

How are the 2.5's? I have never heard them and there is a pair locally for sale.

16. okeeteekid

okeeteekid Well-Known Member

I have to ask... how did the Ren 90's sound compared to your 2.5's? and what made you decide to trade the 90's for the 4.5's?

7.62 likes this.

17. 7.62

7.62 Gearhead Subscriber

I highly recommend them rocknroll if you can. Just make sure the emims are in decent shape.

Okeeteekid, it's a good question and I'll answer it like this. Of all the Infinity Speakers I've had over the last 7 years the 2.5's sound the best for me. They do TV, Movies really good and musically as with any Infinity garbage in-garbage out.

The blend of the emims with the Watkins 12" woofer outshines all of the others. I'm not sure if it's the components or the space, but it's the most magical for me. When the opportunity presented itself to get these 4.5's I thought well if the 2.5 is a glimpse into one of the true references speakers why not. I don't think these will be a disappointment like the QLS-1 were.

Clutter, I really just had to much stuff. We're revamping everything. Our grandson will need his own space so we need the room.

So it remains to be heard, But I have a feeling I'm not going to be disappointed :music:.

okeeteekid likes this.
  18. rocknroll1

rocknroll1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hope I am not hijacking this thread but what kind of power do the 2.5 need?

19. CDELON

CDELON Member

Sweet!

7.62 likes this.
  20. Bahamayellow

Bahamayellow Well-Known Member

Those are really nice. Are these the ones that were in Colorado. They went quick also.

7.62 likes this.